civca
Returning Observer

Working with cms_input_list trough FS API

Jump to solution

Hello community

I'm having trouble working with the cms_input_list component through the API.
I figured out how to access the model and the options within the model, how to set a new selection, and everything seems to work, but the selected value can't be saved afterwards.
Specifically, I'm doing some migration, I'm accessing a datasource, and I need to set cms_input_list to a certain value.
I did like this:

targetDataset = targetContent.getDataset(targetEntity);
targetData = targetDataset.getFormData();
//filed name dtMandant
GomFormElement gomFormElement = targetData.getForm().findEditor("dtMandant");
OptionFactory factory = ((OptionFactoryProvider) gomFormElement).getOptionFactory();
OptionModel optionModel = factory.getOptionModel(this.getClientScriptContext().getUserService().getConnection().getBroker(),
language, false);
Option option = optionModel.getOption("faculty_02");
optionModel.setSelectedOption(option);
this.getClientScriptContext().logInfo("--- option after set " + optionModel.getSelectedOption());//writes --- option after set faculty_02 
this.getClientScriptContext().logInfo("--- mandant after set " + targetData.get(language,
"dtMandant").get());//writes --- mandant after set []
//it seems as if some connection between the objects is lost somewhere and the selection is not remembered
//for other input components everything works as it should

//of course, after setting all the other fields, I save it all
targetDataset.setFormData(targetData);
targetDataset.save();

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mbergmann
Crownpeak employee

Hi,

when dealing with option based input components, you can just set an „appropriate value“ to the FormField. E.g. if it’s based on String (like it is when using <entries>), the following should work:

targetData.get(language, "dtMandant").set(Collections.singleton("faculty_02"));
targetDataset.save();

For other cases, i.e. when the INPUT_LIST is based on database entries you could simply use a Collection of Datasets or Entities in the FormField‘s .set(…) method.

The same applies to INPUT_CHECKBOX, INPUT_RADIOBUTTON and INPUT_COMBOBOX by the way - for the latter two, you don’t need a Collection of course but just the value itself.

Hope this helps!

Michael

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mbergmann
Crownpeak employee

Hi,

when dealing with option based input components, you can just set an „appropriate value“ to the FormField. E.g. if it’s based on String (like it is when using <entries>), the following should work:

targetData.get(language, "dtMandant").set(Collections.singleton("faculty_02"));
targetDataset.save();

For other cases, i.e. when the INPUT_LIST is based on database entries you could simply use a Collection of Datasets or Entities in the FormField‘s .set(…) method.

The same applies to INPUT_CHECKBOX, INPUT_RADIOBUTTON and INPUT_COMBOBOX by the way - for the latter two, you don’t need a Collection of course but just the value itself.

Hope this helps!

Michael

0 Kudos
civca
Returning Observer

thank you man, you helped me a lot.

0 Kudos