bojan_vujnovic
New Creator

'TRANSLATED' for item '#global'!

Hello community,

I have problem with warning in log file.

In rules I have rule like this:

<RULE>

<WITH>

<NOT>

<AND>

<PROPERTY name="TRANSLATED" source="#global"/>

<PROPERTY name="EMPTY" source="tt_name"/>

</AND>

</NOT>

</WITH>

<DO>

<VALIDATION scope="RELEASE">

<PROPERTY name="VALID" source="tt_name"/>

<MESSAGE lang="*" text="Name must not be empty!"/>

</VALIDATION>

</DO>

</RULE>

and it works as expected in templates,datasources but when check log file I am getting warnings like this:

WARN  22.09.2021 16:06:32.636 (de.espirit.firstspirit.forms.rules.Rule): There is no fact 'TRANSLATED' for item '#global'!

WARN  22.09.2021 16:06:32.770 (de.espirit.firstspirit.forms.rules.Rule): There is no fact 'TRANSLATED' for item '#global'!

WARN  22.09.2021 16:06:32.786 (de.espirit.firstspirit.forms.rules.Rule): There is no fact 'TRANSLATED' for item '#global'!

WARN  22.09.2021 16:06:34.848 (de.espirit.firstspirit.forms.rules.Rule): There is no fact 'TRANSLATED' for item '#global'!

WARN  22.09.2021 16:06:34.848 (de.espirit.firstspirit.forms.rules.Rule): There is no fact 'TRANSLATED' for item '#global'!

WARN  22.09.2021 16:06:34.863 (de.espirit.firstspirit.forms.rules.Rule): There is no fact 'TRANSLATED' for item '#global'!

WARN  22.09.2021 16:06:34.863 (de.espirit.firstspirit.forms.rules.Rule): There is no fact 'TRANSLATED' for item '#global'!

How I can solve issues with warnings?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ncbruckner
Returning Observer

Hi Bojan,

looking at your code, it seems that you are talking about a table template? Datasource items don't have this translated flag. You can't mark them as not translated. Because of that, your rule can't check for it. You can just remove the line as it does nothing in this context anyway.

Best regards,

Nina

0 Kudos

Yes, but then I can't release the dataset if there is no content?

0 Kudos

Yes, for datasources there are only two ways:

- Mark as a mandatory field for all languages and don't allow to save or release if no value is set.

- Don't mark as mandatory and make ti possible to save or release for all languages disregarding content.

The way you have it at the moment is actually number two: Your rule won't ever fire. You have to decide for one way.

We have used a toggle in the form as a workaround in different projects, so that all checks were activated when the toggle was clicked. But we couldn't force the editors to use the field, so the checks were almost never used.

0 Kudos