sivaprasad9394
Occasional Collector

How to get the value from GCA(project settings) when component is language dependent?

Jump to solution

Hello Team,

I have a language dependent 2 URL configured in the project settings for EN and DE language separately.

Based on the Selection of the Content-Creator selection language Content-creator page is loaded to the user.

I have to get the language dependent values based on CC page is loaded to the user.

FS_CC_langugae.png

Global Settings:

global_settings.png

g_store.png

CMS_INPUT_TEXT name:ps_webchat_endpoint_url

Can't assign values to CMS_SET and How to get the DE value of Project-settings in English page Content??

Code:

$CMS_IF(#global.is("WEBEDIT"))$

$CMS_SET(editorLanguage_endpoint_url,"")$

<script type="application/javascript">            

console.log(top.WE_API.Common.getLocale() + " - " +top.WE_API.Common.getDisplayLanguage());

$CMS_IF(!ps_webchat_endpoint_url.isEmpty)$           

if(top.WE_API.Common.getLocale().toString() == "de"){                                          

$CMS_SET(editorLanguage_endpoint_url)$$CMS_VALUE(#global.page.getFormData().get(#global.project.languages.filter(x -> !x.masterLanguage), "ps_webchat_endpoint_url").get())$$CMS_END_SET$

}else{                                           

$CMS_SET(editorLanguage_endpoint_url)$$CMS_VALUE(#global.page.getFormData().get(#global.project.masterLanguage, "ps_webchat_endpoint_url").get())$$CMS_END_SET$

}                   

$CMS_END_IF$           

</script>

$CMS_END_IF$

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
draganr
I'm new here

Hi Siva,

the filter() method creates a new array with all elements that pass the test specified in the function, therefore you need to select the first element.

.filter(x -> !x.masterLanguage) convert to -> .filter(x -> !x.masterLanguage)[0]

I haven't tested your approach, but I usually extract ProjectSettings data in this way:

$CMS_VALUE(

#global.project.userService 

.getStore(class("de.espirit.firstspirit.access.store.Store$Type").GLOBALSTORE, #global.release)

.projectProperties

.formData.get(#global.project.languages.filter(lang -> lang.abbreviation == "DE")[0], "ps_webchat_endpoint_url").get() 

)$

or, for the master language, you can use, as you already did:#global.project.masterLanguage

Also, for the set you can use shorter version: $CMS_SET(set_editorLanguage_endpoint_url, #global.project.userService...)$

FirstSpirit Online Documentation - CMS_SET

Best,

Dragan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
draganr
I'm new here

Hi Siva,

the filter() method creates a new array with all elements that pass the test specified in the function, therefore you need to select the first element.

.filter(x -> !x.masterLanguage) convert to -> .filter(x -> !x.masterLanguage)[0]

I haven't tested your approach, but I usually extract ProjectSettings data in this way:

$CMS_VALUE(

#global.project.userService 

.getStore(class("de.espirit.firstspirit.access.store.Store$Type").GLOBALSTORE, #global.release)

.projectProperties

.formData.get(#global.project.languages.filter(lang -> lang.abbreviation == "DE")[0], "ps_webchat_endpoint_url").get() 

)$

or, for the master language, you can use, as you already did:#global.project.masterLanguage

Also, for the set you can use shorter version: $CMS_SET(set_editorLanguage_endpoint_url, #global.project.userService...)$

FirstSpirit Online Documentation - CMS_SET

Best,

Dragan

0 Kudos

Hi Rakita,

Thank you for your reply and time.

It really helped me to sole the problem.

Assigned the CMS_VALUE to js variable before the js if condition.

function getLocaleLanguageUrl(){

let localeLangUrl;                   

$CMS_SET(set_editorLanguage_endpoint_url,"")$

$CMS_SET(set_editorLanguage_endpoint_url, #global.project.userService.getStore(class("de.espirit.firstspirit.access.store.Store$Type").GLOBALSTORE, #global.release).projectProperties.formData.get(#global.project.languages.filter(lang -> lang.abbreviation.toLowerCase() == "de")[0], "ps_webchat_endpoint_url").get())$                                           

const langDE = '$CMS_VALUE(set_editorLanguage_endpoint_url)$';

$CMS_SET(set_editorLanguage_endpoint_url, #global.project.userService.getStore(class("de.espirit.firstspirit.access.store.Store$Type").GLOBALSTORE, #global.release).projectProperties.formData.get(#global.project.masterLanguage, "ps_webchat_endpoint_url").get())$

const langOthers = '$CMS_VALUE(set_editorLanguage_endpoint_url)$';

if(top.WE_API.Common.getLocale().toString() == "de"){                          

localeLangUrl = langDE;                       

}

if(top.WE_API.Common.getLocale().toString() != "de"){                       

localeLangUrl = langOthers;       

}               

return localeLangUrl;

}

Thanks and Regards,

Siva