mdziekan
I'm new here

FirstSpirit is really slow/freeze up.

Hi everybody, I am really new FirstSpirit user.

I use it on Windows 8.1 x64 and newest MacOS. On the both it works really slow.

From time to time the program just freeze up (when I save template for example) and I have to kill it. Often "Server communication error" is showed.

Is there a problem with FirstSpirit, my software or just network connection?

Could you help me with it? Did you have similar problems?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
rbitdd
Returning Responder

Good morning!

I can tell you, that my FirstSpirit 5.2R3 on Win8.1 on x64 (server and client at the same time) is working properly and fast.

How much RAM did you allow to use? According the technical datasheet my client should be allowed to use at least 768 MB.

Have you checked the matching between the technical datasheet of your FS-version and your configuration?

Best regards

Diana

0 Kudos
rbitdd
Returning Responder

Oh... I didn't reply to the network-part of your question:

When I am connected to our development servers or the customers servers, most of the times I have no problem with the connection. Sometime I loose the connection due to some interupts in our WLAN in single departments.

The problem here is, that a very short loss of the connection brings this error. During a "normal usage" of the internet you might not recognize a short interruption. Could you check your internet connection when the "Server communication error" occurs again?

Also the "stand by"-mode causes the interruption of the connection.

Hopefully I could give you some helping hints.

Diana

0 Kudos

Hi! Thank you for the answers Smiley Happy

I have 16GB RAM, and good CPU. So the problem is not here.

Internet connection is quite good also. Maybe server with my applications is too slow?

For now I have also problem with preview. I have: "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Metaspace". It is connected with my previous problem or just my mistake in the code?

0 Kudos
rbitdd
Returning Responder

Hello!

Could you download, not execute, the jnlp-File and open it with a texteditor.

In the file is a XML-tag like this:

<resources os="Windows">

<j2se version="1.7+" initial-heap-size="128m" max-heap-size="512m"/>

<jar href="fs-client.jar"/>

<property name="sun.java2d.d3d" value="false"/>

</resources>

Increase the values of the heap-size, save the changings and execute the jnlp again. Does this result in a longer term to edit templates/contents?

Hi!

Thank you for this idea! I will check it Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

Now I know. Problem was server. Now after some fixing it works very well.

Thank you Diana for your help!

0 Kudos