Project dependent Upload Hook

There should be a way to implement a Upload Hook project dependent.

Currently, if you implement a Upload Hook, it affects all projects on the server.

3 Comments
mbergmann
Crownpeak employee
Crownpeak employee

I didn't try it, but as the methods in the UploadHook interface get a BaseContext, you should be able to check if a specific "marker" ProjectApp is installed for that project. That projectApp could even be used to configure the UploadHook.

Using ProjectApps is a quite common approach to configure or just (de)activate a module feature depending on the current project.

Michael

kscheuing
I'm new here

Hi Michael, that may work. Its been a while since i last developed with the upload hook. But i will try as soon as i come across the Interface again.

But wouldnt it be nice to implement the UploadHook as project extenstion?! Im sure there are some usecases for that... especially for shared server enviroment like ours. So i think the feature request stays valid Smiley Happy

kohlbrecher
Crownpeak employee
Crownpeak employee

Hello Kai

thank you for your idea to improve FirstSpirit. It is important for us to learn from the experiences of our customers and partners. For this reason we appreciate feedback and any suggestion.

We have evaluated the issue once again, but have no plans for a realisation in the near future. Therefore, we cannot consider your feature request at this time. Like Michael said there is a solution for your request. With the ProjectApp and the ModuleAdminAgent you can handle the UploadHook.

You can find more details about our feature selection process in our Features Policy.

Best regards

Jan