PROXY AUTHENTICATION in Java-/AdminClient

Current situation:

• the current implementation of FirstSpirit Java-/AdminClient is not able to communicate via an authenticating proxy server
  • there is no possibility to specify proxy authentication information neither within the Java-/AdminClient connection dialog (see screenshot enclosed) nor the Java-WebStart configuration pane

proxy_host.jpg

Solution

• offer a possibility to administrate authentication information in Java-/AdminClient to ensure a proper communication with authenticating proxies
6 Comments
sven_hahn
I'm new here

Absolutely right. This feature ist necessary, especially regarding to big companies (with complex infrastructure needs) who uses FirstSpirit.

gofur
I'm new here

Hi!

Are there any updates on this issue? We're facing the same problem in a customer-project. Is it impossible for the java-client to perform an authentication on a proxy-server?

Greetings

Reza Nazarian

dude
I'm new here

The issue is too important to be solved

Seriously, why has nothing happened for about one year?

Cheers

king
I'm new here

Dear e-Spirit product management,

regarding this feature request over four years passed without any progress. Is there any plan to implement this needful and helpful feature? This would help to prevent extra work in environments where FirstSpirit is used in combination with authenticating proxies.

Especially, when taking a look on work efforts that raised over the years due to incident and help desk tickets (see INC000005606591) on our side, this feature is highly appreciated.

When a feature request could not be realized, it would be interesting why. Maybe there are reasons from a vendor perspective that prevent or complicate an implementation.

king
I'm new here

Based on the anaylsis session taken today with H. Isenberg (e-Spirit) the integration of the following authentication schemes:

• KERBEROS
  • BASIC

into the FirstSpirit core product is technically possible. Even for all embedded web browsers in FirstSpirit SiteArchitect the mentioned authentication schemes are supported. Open are:

• native support of Kerberos in Java WebStart
  • access to Kerberos ticket cache in Windows environment in combination with Windows UAC
  • time schedule for an integration in FirstSpirit 5.x (to be clarified with e-Spirit product management and H. Isenberg)
AuM
I'm new here

I see that this should be delivered in 5.2R2. Can you please give me a hint what exactly was delivered and where to find it in the manual?

Nevermind: I guess I found it in chapter 7.3.3.1 of the administrator handbook.

Thanks,

Martin