Open navigation in CC on opening a project

0 Kudos

Hello,

I want the left side navigation in CC to be shown on opening a project immediately without clicking the burger menue.

How can this be achieved?

Thanks!

6 Comments
Tim_Rother
Crownpeak (Retired)

Hi, 

can you please specify a little bit in detail, how the current solution is not supporting you use case(s) properly?

What is e.g. typically your first task after opening the ContentCreator?

Do editors not find what they are looking for?

Is it annoying to click the menu first?

Happy to hear other peoples opinion as well. 

Best

Tim

kinbote
Occasional Observer

Hi Tim,

background here is, that we currently still use a navigation in CC, that we implemented by our own, as we had some special requirements. So the FS navigation is disabled.

With our next release we will install FS 2022.2 with enabled navigation. Our own navigation wil lbe removed then.

Our editors are used to having a navigation upon opening CC, so it is the expectation that it remains so in the future.

So mainly convenience reasons. In the past it has shown that editors are very sensitive when something changes, and a navigation, that isn't there from beginning and additionally looks different from the used one, will for sure cause confusion.

Hope this explanations help!

Regards, Knut

cc_navigation.png

Tim_Rother
Crownpeak (Retired)

Hi Knut, 

that definitely helps for further investigation. Do you think a training session for your editors could be valuable so that the change is easier? If so, I can connect you to our responsible trainer. 

Have a great day

Tim

kinbote
Occasional Observer

Hi Tim,

yes, we plan trainings and have a chatbot as well, that will be trained accordingly

Knut

Tim_Rother
Crownpeak (Retired)

Hey Knut, 

if you need special editors training, you can contact 

Matthias Boroffka
Professional Services, 

E-Mail: boroffka@e-spirit.com

Best

Tim

kinbote
Occasional Observer

Hi Tim,

I appreciate your offer, but it is really no complex task to click something on that the navigation will appear 😉

What we need is a technical solution. In our opinion a navigation that is there from beginning is no weird feature but a standard behaviour, that other customers would appreciate as well.

Thanks and regards

Knut