CaasConnect | Event based URL creation based on own URL Creator

The URLs created by CaaSConnect eventing mechanism doesn't use self written UrlCreator. So any new media or dataset in content projection triggers the CaaSConnect event mechanism and generates a standard URL. In this case URLs are generated before the first page generation and are therefore wrong. The only way to get correct URLs is resetting the URL and do a normal generation.

This feature is already requested in internal ticket CAAS-1855.

Tags (2)
10 Comments
Peter_Jodeleit
Crownpeak employee
Crownpeak employee

Can you elaborate why the default (Advanced URLs) is not sufficient for your use case? I.e. what are the use cases which are not possible with this default. Maybe the way forward here is to extend the possibilities of customization of the Advanced URL Factory..

larsquitsch
Returning Observer

Hi @Peter_Jodeleit ,

we do not have the possibility to configure the Advanced URL Factory for CaaS Connect. We need lower case URLs and cannot configure the URL Creator and we cannot replace all special characters from different languages e.g. French. The problem is filed under the Help Desk Ticket HELP-56440.

Peter_Jodeleit
Crownpeak employee
Crownpeak employee

This is totaly possible using the Advanced URL Factory, see chapter 1.2 "Advanced URL Creator: handling special characters" (page 7) of the release notes of FirstSpirit 2021-08. This configuration is also effective when using CaaS Connect.

larsquitsch
Returning Observer

Hi @Peter_Jodeleit 

we want to use our own URL Creator for all generated URLs (Media, Content Projection, Standard Pages). All other modules can be configured to use an own URL Creator, which is in my opinion also essential for CaaSConnect. It simply creates URLs without generation which doesn't fit to the other URL scheme created by our own URL creator. I also don't want to add every possible character of different languages to the configuration. It is a lot easier to use an ascii normalizer in the URL creator. 

The biggest problem is the automatic url creation before the element was even published. I had to write a ValueService for resetting the URL, so it can be generated with our URL creator.
That is why i think it is essential to have the possibility to configure a self implemented Url creator.

Peter_Jodeleit
Crownpeak employee
Crownpeak employee

> The biggest problem is the automatic url creation before the
> element was even published.

We are currently working on this topic.

> I also don't want to add every possible character of different
> languages to the configuration. It is a lot easier to use an ascii
> normalizer in the URL creator.

Would you mind to create a feature request to facilitate this?
We try to minimize the need for custom code for our SaaS offering and this sounds like a good candidate.

Independently from this we are currently evaluating the configuration of an URL Factory for CaaS Connect. 

larsquitsch
Returning Observer

Hi @Peter_Jodeleit,

Thanks for your feedback!

I created the feature request -> Add ASCII Normalizer to Advanced URL Creator

larsquitsch
Returning Observer

@Peter_Jodeleit 

Hi Peter, was ist denn der akutelle Stand hierbei? Wir haben große Probleme mit den Urls die ohne unseren URL Creator generiert werden. 

VG,
Lars

Peter_Jodeleit
Crownpeak employee
Crownpeak employee

Hi, 
somehow I missed this question. We had some progress here in the last months, but not everything is yet in place. Expect the final peaces in the upcoming (9th or 10th) patch day cycle.

Peter_Jodeleit
Crownpeak employee
Crownpeak employee

Update: Watch for CAAS-1956 in our release notes. Current estimate is that this will land in the upcoming patch day cycle 2022-9. For Datasets the feature already landed with CAAS-1855 some time ago.

feddersen
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Coming Soon