Autocomplete in form components (text, textarea)

Hello everybody,

i'd like to suggest adding an autocompletion feature to the text based form components.

Especially for the usecase of tagging this would prevent misspelled tags and thus unnecessary redundancy.

By now this can only be achieved via a "hard coded" combobox or based on data sources, which needs more time to search for the right value.

For the look and feel i personally like the jQueryUI autocomplete, as it is very simple: http://jqueryui.com/autocomplete/. And from a technical point of view i would like an API that allows me connecting all kinds of data sources with a custom connector (FS DS, external DS, catalogue in project settings, etc.) and the option of multiple values (as this community offers ;-)).

best regards,

Martin

2 Comments
nilsweber
I'm new here

this is more or less exactly what we currently need for our project!

kohlbrecher
Crownpeak employee
Crownpeak employee

Hello Martin

thank you for your idea to improve FirstSpirit. It is important for us to learn from the experiences of our customers and partners. For this reason we appreciate feedback and any suggestion.

We have evaluated the issue once again, but have no plans for a realisation in the near future. Therefore, we cannot consider your feature request at this time because there alternatives like FS_INDEX.

You can find more details about our feature selection process in our Features Policy.

Best regards

Jan