Allow more than one server admin

For security reasons fristspirit should allow personalised main admin users. At the moment everybody who creates or edits users or does tasks on a server level has to use the Admin-user.

Our security policies do normally not allow this behavior - but since we found out only after we bought the software we are now running on a special permission. Still this features is IMHO very critical for enterprise use.

8 Comments
Peter_Jodeleit
Crownpeak employee
Crownpeak employee
thomas_walter
I'm new here

This two ideas are only related as they both concern firstspirit - but this suggestion is very different from the one with the ID 1006.

Peter_Jodeleit
Crownpeak employee
Crownpeak employee

Thomas Walter wrote:

This two ideas are only related as they both concern firstspirit - but this suggestion is very different from the one with the ID 1006.

Ok, perhaps my comment was too short. What i wantet to say, is "see also my comment at 1006":

Peter Jodeleit wrote:

I think what you are requesting here (and in Add rights to the area   "global settings") is a finegrained role concept. Perhaps it's   better to join the postings to one and collect all places where role   based access makes sense.

bnulda
I'm new here

Das wünsche ich mir seit sieben Jahren!

king
I'm new here

Additionally, it might not only be useful to just have a personalized SuperAdmin FirstSpirit user account, but also to limit that account chronologically.

The time-specific limitation might also be interesting for non SuperAdmin user accounts.

linde
Elite Observer

We again have a customer where we have discussion with the security department about the technical user Admin. The security rules of todays enterprises do not allow the use of technical admin users.

Additionally we need a logging con configuration changes.

dirk_hartmann
I'm new here

Auch in unserer Firma ist dieser Punkt wiederholt angesprochen und bemängelt worden, sowohl operativ, als auch aus dem Sicherheitsbereich.

Es gehört zur Enterprise Funktionalität, dass auch der FS Server Admin personalisierbar ist.

mfinsterbusch
New Responder

... its an needed must-have feature for compliance.