A GUI to create template forms

It would be really nice and an easier sell if there were a GUI to create the template forms.

Maybe call it "wizard mode" so that people still have access to the underlying template form xml.

Something like the netbeans swing uit would be ideal: http://netbeans.org/features/java/swing.html

Tags (3)
2 Comments
renet
I'm new here

If I get you right, you want something similar to the Swing GUI Builder. I don't have experience with this, but from the screenshots it looks like way too much possibilities to place GUI elements.

I'd suggest to do a comparatively simple "form" look that gives you the possibility to chose input elements from a drop-down and then displays all the possible options for that input element in a new row of a table that contains one row for each input element.

Sitecore CMS uses pretty much what I am talking about. You can see an example-screenshot here: That way you can even simply realize the groups concept. In Sitecore the structure of a template form is divided from the settings for each input element. Instead, I'd suggest to add a possibility to expand the settings of an input element by clicking on an arrow inside the respective table row that represents the input element.

kohlbrecher
Crownpeak employee
Crownpeak employee

Hello Paul,

with the FirstSpirit version 2019-02 there is a drag-and-drop function for forms. Details can be found in the release notes.

Optimized adoption of form examples via drag-and-drop directly from within FirstSpirit Online Documentation shown in the preview area onto the tab “Form” in a template.

Best regards
Jan