MicroBIOS
New Creator

Uploading a new version of a dll

Jump to solution

I'm new at Crownpeak, and I can't find this information. I need to upload a new version of a custom dll and I don't know how to do it. When I try to upload it, it tells me it already exists, with no chance of rewriting the old one.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Apologies, it is Edit for DLL uploads.

Thank You,

David

--

David Greenberg
Customer Support Engineer

## If I’ve helped, accept this response as a solution so that other’s can find is more quickly in the future.
## Have thoughts on Crownpeak products? We'd love to hear them. Speak with the Crownpeak Product Team..

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DavidGreenberg
Crownpeak Employee

Hello,

Based on the information provided here it sounds as if you already have the dll uploaded into the cms in the same folder, in which case you will need to branch the asset:

https://community.crownpeak.com/t5/Editing-Content-in-DXM/Branching-to-edit-published-content/ta-p/1...

Once you have branched the asset, you can update the content by right clicking and choosing replace.

I would recommend opening a ticket if you need information specific to your instance.

--

David Greenberg

## If I’ve helped, accept this response as a solution so that other’s can find is more quickly in the future.
## Have thoughts on Crownpeak products? We'd love to hear them. Speak with the Crownpeak Product Team..

0 Kudos

Thanks David for the reply, but I don't have a Replace option in the right-click menu.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Apologies, it is Edit for DLL uploads.

Thank You,

David

--

David Greenberg

I could upload it, but it's not taking the changes. Should I do something else to the site to reload the dll?

0 Kudos

Hello,

You will need to publish the asset after making the update.

If you need more specifics please send in a ticket.

--

David Greenberg

0 Kudos