shwetat
Occasional Observer

XML export/import for translation in ContentCreator

Hi,

I currently have a script in sitearchitect for exporting contents of a page in xml format.

The script consist of the following code:

de.espirit.firstspirit.common.ExportTranslationXml.run(context.getGuiHost(), context.getStoreElement());

When I select a page in page content and run this export script, it provides the desired zip file containing the export of the contents in xml format.

However when I change the scope of the script, to a menu item, and then run the same script from ContentCreator, I get a popup with "an unexpected error" message.

What more needs to be done, to make the script executable in ContentCreator ? Is there any issue with the entry point, as it is not made available in contentcreator ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
felix_reinhold
Returning Responder

Hi Shweta,

the class is part of the fs-client.jar and therefore not available in the ContentCreator.

It has to be executed from SiteArchitect.

Best regards

Felix

0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

Thanks for replying. Good to know.

So is there no other alternative way for exporting the contents from ContentCreator in xml format for offline translation ?

Best regards,

Shweta

0 Kudos

Not only ExportTranslationXml is part of fs-client.jar - all the referenced helper-classes etc. are also part of the fs-client.jar - therefore you can't use them to build an own EntryPoint for the ContentCreator.

Maybe it's possible with the TranslationConnect module.

0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

Thanks for the info.

Also could you let me know where can I find this module ?

Regards,

Shweta

0 Kudos
rrichter
Occasional Collector

Hi Shweta,

the XML-Ex/Import-Scripts are part of the TranslationConnect-Module and do only work in the SiteArchitect.

Best regards,

Raphael.

1+1=3 for large values of 1.
0 Kudos