simtsit
I'm new here

WebP image format in FirstSpirit

Jump to solution

Greetings to the FS community!

I'm new to FirstSpirit so I apologise in advance for any confusion in this very first post here.

I wish to introduce the WebP image format (WebP - Wikipedia) into the projects I work with and in this part a few questions emerged.

1. Does FirstSpirit supports WebP image format?

2. If not, what are the steps to be done in order to be able to work with WebP images?

3. If yes, is there something to be aware of?

Any word of advice or point to the right direction is welcome Smiley Happy

Thank you

Symeon T.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
felix_reinhold
Returning Responder

Hello Symeon,

1. Of course you can use webp in FirstSpirit, but it's not recognized as image yet - therefore you don't have a thumbnail and you can't use type picture if you want to reference it with an FS_REFERENCE.
  2. In my github I have an old SVG-Plugin which you could adjust for WebP and use as a base - but ou'll need to adjust it to work in ContentCreator. It adds a thumbnail as preview-image and gives an internal preview window for SiteArchitect. You could also use an UploadHook to create the thumbnail. Maybe it's also possible to add a webp-image to the mediastore as image using the API (But I guess you'd get problems if FirstSpirit tries to crop/scale the image for other resolutions).

Best regards

Felix

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
felix_reinhold
Returning Responder

Hello Symeon,

1. Of course you can use webp in FirstSpirit, but it's not recognized as image yet - therefore you don't have a thumbnail and you can't use type picture if you want to reference it with an FS_REFERENCE.
  2. In my github I have an old SVG-Plugin which you could adjust for WebP and use as a base - but ou'll need to adjust it to work in ContentCreator. It adds a thumbnail as preview-image and gives an internal preview window for SiteArchitect. You could also use an UploadHook to create the thumbnail. Maybe it's also possible to add a webp-image to the mediastore as image using the API (But I guess you'd get problems if FirstSpirit tries to crop/scale the image for other resolutions).

Best regards

Felix

0 Kudos

Thank you Felix Smiley Happy

That was helpful and covered everything!

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos