jackmm
I'm new here

WebEdit populating same information on form on item listing(5 items)

Hi,

I am struggling to edit individual section records in my WebEdit using the below code snippet. Everytime I edit edit a certain record its always populating 1 record which happens to be the last record in the data source.

I thought of using FS_LIST to try overcome this but, FS_LIST doesnt give me some felxibility I want to achieve with this section. Your prompt response will be appreciated. Anyone who have some advice on this please give guidance. Thanks.

<div id="site-banner-outer">

<div class="image_reel">

$CMS_FOR(alist, list_function)$

$CMS_RENDER(template:"WEBeditInplaceEditBegin")--$

$--CMS_IF(alist.start_date <= #global.now && alist.end_date > #global.now)--$       

$-- Inner code --$

<div id="site-banner" style="background: transparent url('$CMS_REF(alist.banner_image)$') no-repeat top left;">

<div id="banner-links">   

<ul id="banner-links">   

My other value listing here....           

</ul>       

</div>   

</div>           

$--CMS_END_IF--$

$CMS_RENDER(template:"WEBeditInplaceEditEnd")$

$CMS_END_FOR$       

</div>  

</div>

0 Kudos
1 Reply
maaroufi
I'm new here

Hello Jack,

if you want to edit datasources you can first of all use the contentSelect function e.g.:

<CMS_HEADER>

<CMS_FUNCTION name="contentSelect" resultname="myCont">

<CMS_PARAM name="schema" value="Products"/>

<QUERY entityType="Press_Releases">

</QUERY>

</CMS_FUNCTION>

</CMS_HEADER>

where Products should be replaced by your schema name and Press_Releases by your entity type.

Furthermore you can use the following code for example:

$CMS_FOR(e,myCont)$

<div><b>Datasource-ID $CMS_VALUE(e.getValue("fs_id"))$:</b>             $CMS_RENDER(template:"WEBeditEditContent",content:"Products.press_releases",index:e.getValue("fs_id"))$

</div>

$CMS_END_FOR$   

Here you get the datasources and a button for each datasource to edit the datasource section. It is a simple example. Products.press_releases should be replaced by the table template uid of your datasource.

Greetings

Ismail

0 Kudos