sivaprasad9394
Occasional Collector

Web editor problem in FS4.Adding &

Jump to solution

Hello,

As an editor i have logged into the FS webclient and Added the text like in the below image.

1.png

After saving the entered text some junk text is added in it.It is like & instead of &.

I am using FS4.Is this problem known problem in FS.

2.png

Did any one come across the problem.Is it resolved in FS5?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

you have to take a look at the link template and at the section template you are using. I guess there is some sort of conversion like $CMS_VALUE(text.convert)$ in your templates. You have to either remove it in the link template or in the section template. Having a conversion of the text in both templates will result in what you get as your output.

Best regards,

Donato

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
marro
Crownpeak employee

Hello Siva,

did you try to add the same text just as plain text without a link? Do you get the same result? I think the link template does a conversion of the special characters and the section template does the same, so that '&' will be first converted to '&' and then one more time to '&' which results into '&' in the output.

Best regards

Donato

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Yes you are correct.

Yes i have tried with out adding link for the text.Then the text looks fine as like below,

For Helpline contact 12345 call & speak

Only when we adding link to it,this is happening.(&)

is there an solution for this problem in FS4 or FS5?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to take a look at the link template and at the section template you are using. I guess there is some sort of conversion like $CMS_VALUE(text.convert)$ in your templates. You have to either remove it in the link template or in the section template. Having a conversion of the text in both templates will result in what you get as your output.

Best regards,

Donato

0 Kudos
pavone
I'm new here

Hello Siva,   

do you need further help or did Donato's reply already help you? If so, it would be great if you marked his reply as "correct answer" so that other community users find the solution easily. If you have already found a solution by yourself, it would be very kind of you, if you posted it here.

Best regards 

Tim