Price
Occasional Observer

Template Snippets

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I am having an issue with the Snippet "Thumbnail" section..

Basically I have developed a building block system within our system (all good so far). What I need to do now is make it slightly more understandable with image previews of what a certain part is...

For instance "Two Columns" = a simple image of .... yep two columns Smiley Happy.

I was think in the terms of having a CMS_REFERENCE that points to an image and only that image, so I can hide the form and easily bind it to the snippet.. I just don't know if it is possible or not. As in no selection of an image, the image is in the reference..

All the best and thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mbergmann
Crownpeak employee

Hi David,

ok, but as those images are kind of „part of the template“ and only "UI features" for the editors it should be ok to also add them to the FirstSpirit project(s).

Michael

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mbergmann
Crownpeak employee

Hi David,

I‘m not sure if I understand your problem correctly. Do you just want to use a „fixed“ image for a specific template?

In this case, you can upload that image to the mediastore. Usually into a separate folder from which editors are not allowed to choose the picture in normal FS_REFERENCEs. Then use image’s uid (reference name) - e.g. "two_colums" - in the thumbnail part of the snippet definition like this:

medium("two_columns")

In case it’s not that simple and the picture should NOT depend just on the template itself - what is the "logic" to decide which thumbnail to use?

Michael

0 Kudos
Price
Occasional Observer

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your answer, the issue here is that our images are not on the same server as the templates, therefore I am having issues with this way. we have one for the templates and another for all media.

And yes the image should be fixed for a specific template.

0 Kudos
mbergmann
Crownpeak employee

Hi David,

ok, but as those images are kind of „part of the template“ and only "UI features" for the editors it should be ok to also add them to the FirstSpirit project(s).

Michael

0 Kudos