David1
New Creator

Static Configuration in Gradle Builds (AdvancedUrlFactory)

Jump to solution
Hello!

I am new to the development of modules in firstspirit with gradle and have a question (Gradle-Plugin Tried Version 4.6.4 and 2.3.0).
With Maven the module(-isolated).xml could be used to define Public-Components or other component types.
My goal is to migrate projects which are using Maven as the build system to use gradle as their build system.
I have a class which extends from the AdvancedUrlFactory class and i know i can use @URLFactoryComponent Annotation for that
type of component.
The Maven Project had the following configuration written in its module.xml file:  

<public>
<name>Classname</name>
<class>de.espirit.firstspirit.generate.UrlCreatorSpecification</class>
<configuration>
<urlfactory>XXX.XXX.XXX.Classname</urlfactory>
<useRegistry>false</useRegistry>
<stripWelcomeFileNames>true</stripWelcomeFileNames>
<useLanguagePrefix>true</useLanguagePrefix>
</configuration>
</public>

Since only the useRegistry option is included in the @URLFactoryComponent i have some questions
Questions:

1.) How can I include this custom configuration into the generated .fsm file when working with the Annotation System in the Gradle-Plugin?

2.) Generally how could a "static" configuration like that could be included in other components (f.e. public component) without the need of
a configuration inside the Firstspirit-Servermanager?

I would love to hear from you!

Greetings

David
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Windmüller
Crownpeak employee

Hello David,

since the configuration supports user-defined parameters, it is not possible to handle them with the current layout of the annotation. We are thinking about adding a generic map to support these.

As a workaround, you could use a template in which you define your component while all other parts of the FSM are still being auto-generated.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Windmüller
Crownpeak employee

Hello David,

since the configuration supports user-defined parameters, it is not possible to handle them with the current layout of the annotation. We are thinking about adding a generic map to support these.

As a workaround, you could use a template in which you define your component while all other parts of the FSM are still being auto-generated.