ukonangi
I'm new here

Site Architect - Common Format templates - CMS_INPUT_DOM

Jump to solution

Hi there,

My current FirstSpirit Server version is 5.2.212.71463.

"tr" is an out of the box common format template for Table row. When I use this format template in a CMS_INPUT_DOM , i donot see a formatting drop down with tr.   (See attached screen)

--- Section Template > Form Tab  -- Does not show Format Dropdown for tr

<CMS_INPUT_DOM name="st_content">

<FORMATS>

<TEMPLATE name="tr"/>

</FORMATS>

<LANGINFOS>

<LANGINFO lang="*" label="TEXT" description="TEXT"/>

</LANGINFOS>

</CMS_INPUT_DOM>

On the other hand, If i create a custom format template custom_tr with the same content as "tr"  and include this in the CMS_INPUT_DOM , i do see formatting drop down with custom_tr. (See attached screen)

--- Section Template > Form Tab  -- Shows Format Dropdown for custom_tr

<CMS_INPUT_DOM name="st_content" >

<FORMATS>

<TEMPLATE name="custom_tr"/>

</FORMATS>

<LANGINFOS>

<LANGINFO lang="*" label="TEXT" description="TEXT"/>

</LANGINFOS>

</CMS_INPUT_DOM>

Is there any way to reuse the out of the box Format templates without duplicating them ?

Upendra

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelaReydt
Community Manager

Hello,

in an FirstSpirit project two kinds of tables exist.

The first one is represented by the input component CMS_INPUT_DOMTABLE. As its name already shows it is "just" a table and it isn't possible to add any text paragraph in this component.

Further more it is possible to activate an so called "inline table" within a CMS_INPUT_DOM - as you did.

The common format template "tr" can just be used in combination with the first one. It doesn't have an effect on inline tables.

To format inline tables you need a "table format template" and as many "style templates" as you wish. In the tab properties of the table format template a standard style template needs to be choosen. In addition further style templates can be added as rules.

For more details please see here: Click

Best regards

Michaela

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelaReydt
Community Manager

Hello,

in an FirstSpirit project two kinds of tables exist.

The first one is represented by the input component CMS_INPUT_DOMTABLE. As its name already shows it is "just" a table and it isn't possible to add any text paragraph in this component.

Further more it is possible to activate an so called "inline table" within a CMS_INPUT_DOM - as you did.

The common format template "tr" can just be used in combination with the first one. It doesn't have an effect on inline tables.

To format inline tables you need a "table format template" and as many "style templates" as you wish. In the tab properties of the table format template a standard style template needs to be choosen. In addition further style templates can be added as rules.

For more details please see here: Click

Best regards

Michaela

0 Kudos
marza
I'm new here

Hello,   

do you need further help or did Michaela's reply already help you? If so, it would be great if you marked her reply as "correct answer" so that other community users find the solution easily. If you have already found a solution by yourself, it would be very kind of you, if you posted it here.   

Best regards

Marian

0 Kudos