mdziekan
I'm new here

Restful API

Jump to solution

Hi!

And I would like to ask about Restful API. Is it possible to connect First Spirit with some? Using SiteArchitect or ContentCreator?

Thank you for any answer.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bIT_sosswald
Returning Responder

Hi,

my favorite answer is „It depends!“ 😉

What do you want to do?

Case 1: An Application should talk to FirstSpirit (Application --> FirstSpirit)

FirstSpirit itself has a Java-API (but as far as I know no REST-API) which you can use to build up a connection to FirstSpirit from another Java-Application and then do everything you can do by using the UserInterface.

You can find information about this API in the FirstSpirit-Documentation and you can find the JavaDoc here: http://www.e-spirit.com/odfs52/access/

Case 2: FirstSpirit should talk to another Application e.g. obtain data during a generation, or trigger an operation if a user clicks a button or something (FirstSpirit --> Application)

Here you could write a FirstSpirit Module (which is also using the Java-API which I have mentioned above) containing a Module-Component matching to your needs (e.g. a Service, a DataAccessPlugin, an Executable, etc.). From inside of this module noting should stop you to call an external REST-API and do all of the CRUD-Operations you want to do.

You can find more information about FirstSpirit Modules in the FirstSpirit-Documentation.

So if you want to connect another application with the Help of a REST-API so that a User in the SiteArchitect or ContentCreator can do CRUD-Operations in this application you will have to write this integration by yourself but is should be possible.

Greeting
Sandro

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
mdziekan
I'm new here

Nobody knows?

0 Kudos
bIT_sosswald
Returning Responder

Hi,

my favorite answer is „It depends!“ 😉

What do you want to do?

Case 1: An Application should talk to FirstSpirit (Application --> FirstSpirit)

FirstSpirit itself has a Java-API (but as far as I know no REST-API) which you can use to build up a connection to FirstSpirit from another Java-Application and then do everything you can do by using the UserInterface.

You can find information about this API in the FirstSpirit-Documentation and you can find the JavaDoc here: http://www.e-spirit.com/odfs52/access/

Case 2: FirstSpirit should talk to another Application e.g. obtain data during a generation, or trigger an operation if a user clicks a button or something (FirstSpirit --> Application)

Here you could write a FirstSpirit Module (which is also using the Java-API which I have mentioned above) containing a Module-Component matching to your needs (e.g. a Service, a DataAccessPlugin, an Executable, etc.). From inside of this module noting should stop you to call an external REST-API and do all of the CRUD-Operations you want to do.

You can find more information about FirstSpirit Modules in the FirstSpirit-Documentation.

So if you want to connect another application with the Help of a REST-API so that a User in the SiteArchitect or ContentCreator can do CRUD-Operations in this application you will have to write this integration by yourself but is should be possible.

Greeting
Sandro

0 Kudos

Thank you bIT.sosswald! For now I think first option is enough (App -> FS) Smiley Happy  Whare can I download the Documentation, because I need some credentials for http://www.e-spirit.com/odfs52/access/?

0 Kudos

I have message:

"It appears you're not allowed to view what you requested. You might contact your administrator if you think this is a mistake."

0 Kudos

Unser einer kann das nicht sehen, kein Recht?

Geht das besser?

0 Kudos

Hallo Konrad,

die von MarsDD​ verlinkten Zugangsdaten liegen im "Developer" Bereich der Community.

Wenn ihr darauf keinen Zugriff habt, liegt das vermutlich daran dass ihr, warum auch immer, nicht die "Developer" Rechte habt. Das können nur die Kollegen der e-Spirit ändern. (Am besten an den Helpdesk wenden.)

Wichtig bei der Anmeldung an der Community ist immer die Firmen E-Mail Adresse zu verwenden. Normalerweise wird darüber geprüft ob und welcher Partner- bzw. Kundenstatus vorliegt und dann darauf basierend die jeweiligen Rechte freigeschalten.

Grüße

Sandro

0 Kudos

Hallo ‚Sandro,

vielen Dank für die prompte Antwort!

Ich bin beim Bikom e.V.

Wir haben eine große FirstSpirit Website: bitkom.org die bei Materna gehostet ist.

An wen konkret: „Kollegen der e-Spirit“ müsste ich mich wenden?

Viele Grüße von

Konrad Tadesse

0 Kudos

Hallo Konrad,

ich würde es hierüber eintüten: FirstSpirit Technical Support.

Falls auch dort kein Zugang besteht, dann über euren Partnermanager oder Kundenbetreuer. Wer das genau ist kann ich als nicht e-Spirit Mensch leider nicht sagen. 😉

Grüße

Sandro

PS: Die API Dokumentation ist aber auch bei jedem FirstSpirit Server direkt mit dabei und kann unter folgender URL aufgerufen werden: http://[host]:[port]/help/odfs/access/index.html

0 Kudos