isac_jimenez
New Creator

Publishing REST web service from FirstSpirit

Jump to solution

Hi experts!

I would like to know how to provide a web service (ideally restful service although SOAP would work too) in FirstSpirit server to be consumed by an external server.

A bit of context: We have a SAP Netweaver portal integrated with FirstSpirit. Now they want to have a page in portal where they can check the current deployment status in First Spirit. For that I figured I would need to build an API in First Spirit that would provide such information which would be read by Portal on demand.

I reviewed the documentation but could not find the right place... Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Isac Jiménez

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
felix_reinhold
Returning Responder

Hi Isac,

you can create a global webapplication in FirstSpirit.

FirstSpirit Online Documentation - Module Definition  see web-app (scopes "global").

Just create a FirstSpirit-Module and  add a web-app with scope globale to your module.xml.

As web-app class you can set a class that extends AbstractWebApp (FirstSpirit Developer-API) .

Then you have a java webapp that you can use to create your REST-API.

best regards

Felix

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
felix_reinhold
Returning Responder

Hi Isac,

you can create a global webapplication in FirstSpirit.

FirstSpirit Online Documentation - Module Definition  see web-app (scopes "global").

Just create a FirstSpirit-Module and  add a web-app with scope globale to your module.xml.

As web-app class you can set a class that extends AbstractWebApp (FirstSpirit Developer-API) .

Then you have a java webapp that you can use to create your REST-API.

best regards

Felix

0 Kudos

Thanks Felix,

I'll follow your instructions and let you know if it worked.

Regards,

Isac Jimenez

0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

Thank you for the support. I followed this blog: Creating a FirstSpirit web-module: Part 2 – Building the module  and was able to deploy it to the FS server. I installed it in the Preview and Production(live) Web components (just like the  blog explains) but could not figure out the right URL. I ended up creating my own "Web Application" (Server>Server properties>Web applications) and adding my module there. That worked.

Anyway, thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Regards,

Isac Jiménez

0 Kudos

Isac Jimenez schrieb:

I ended up creating my own "Web Application" (Server>Server properties>Web applications) and adding my module there.

That's exactly what I meant Smiley Happy

0 Kudos