draganr
I'm new here

Prohibit access to the SiteArchitect for a specific user group

Jump to solution

Hello all,

Is it possible to forbid access to the SiteArchitect for a specific user group?

They should keep all the existing permissions in the ContentCreator but they shouldn't be able to open the SiteArchitect.

Kind Regards,

Dragan Rakita

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tpilz
I'm new here

Hi Dragan,

with Release 5.2R19 (please take a look at the release notes) you are able to configure the Startpage of FirstSpirit.

If you are using external Groups you are able to hide the SiteArchitect from different configured Groups.

to configure the groups go there:

ServerManager -> Modules -> System -> configure ApplicationPlugins (SiteArchitect) -> Add External Group Names.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Thomas

Edit:

I think this is not a 100% guaranteed way of restricting access (e.g. User has access to fs-client.jar / User uses FSLauncher and has Access to a .fslnch File?).

If you want a 100% Solution you have to hide your FirstSpirit Server behind a Proxy and set the Access there.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tpilz
I'm new here

Hi Dragan,

with Release 5.2R19 (please take a look at the release notes) you are able to configure the Startpage of FirstSpirit.

If you are using external Groups you are able to hide the SiteArchitect from different configured Groups.

to configure the groups go there:

ServerManager -> Modules -> System -> configure ApplicationPlugins (SiteArchitect) -> Add External Group Names.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Thomas

Edit:

I think this is not a 100% guaranteed way of restricting access (e.g. User has access to fs-client.jar / User uses FSLauncher and has Access to a .fslnch File?).

If you want a 100% Solution you have to hide your FirstSpirit Server behind a Proxy and set the Access there.

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank you very much for the information.

Best regards,

Dragan

0 Kudos