rinku_chowdhury
I'm new here

Product display on workstation.

Jump to solution

Hi does first-spirt have such features where the user can select the equipment they need for their workstation? For example: in a web page there will be a picture of a workstation with the list of products on the right side. when users will select the product then it will display in the page accordingly with a price.  To sum up, an interactive online sales tool for a workstation to visualize product. I hope I provide a clear explanation. However, it would be great if I can have any sample page demo that implemented in first-spirit.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rinku,

FirstSpirit does not have pre-built functionality for the use case you presented. This is up to the frontend to solve - and there are multipe possibilities how to solve it, most probably using some JavaScript framework. You can however use FirstSpirit to provide the data you need to make this user experience happen.

Best regards,

Lena

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
marza
I'm new here

Hi Rinku,

I wonder what your target system will be. Is it good old JSPs on a servlet engine like Apache Tomcat, single page web application with JavaScript backed by some REST API, PHP with MySQL, ...?

FirstSpirit is designed to create all of the above to be edited by people who have no knowledge about the implemented technology in contrast to us. Our FirstSpirit forms enable such editors to modify the content inside the forms and let the FirstSpirit template engine do job of transforming it to the right JSP, single page web application, ...

Best regards,

Marian

0 Kudos

Hi Marian,
Pardon me for my explanation and Thanks for your feedback.
We need a web interaction tool for sales purpose where a user can select the product they want which will display on the page (an empty room considered as a workstation) as soon as users select it and they can drag and drop wherever they want to position it. Basically to give the user an initial phase where they can figure what product they need and how to organize it and the price of the selected product etc. here is the picture 52641_pastedImage_2.png
In perspective of my knowledge, this interactive tool can be implemented by using JQuery UI framework. However, my query was is there anything built-in feature in FS where we can do it instead of going for the external framework. Besides, I know In FS there is one web store tool and user targeting tool but these we do not need for our objective.
Please do let me know if still, you need more explanation.

Regards,
Rinku

0 Kudos

Hi Rinku,

FirstSpirit does not have pre-built functionality for the use case you presented. This is up to the frontend to solve - and there are multipe possibilities how to solve it, most probably using some JavaScript framework. You can however use FirstSpirit to provide the data you need to make this user experience happen.

Best regards,

Lena

0 Kudos

Hi Lena,
Thanks for your feedback.

0 Kudos