toku
I'm new here

Problems with Tomcat 8

Hi  @all,

we are trying to bring the tomcat in our FS 5.2 R3 landscape to Tomcat 8. We're using tomcat in place of the internal jetty. The Tomcat 8 runs fine and showing all Web-Applications correctly. The only problem we have is, that in fs5preview and fs5webedit the html files are not displayable in the right way. We figure out, that the reason must be located in the new way of accessing the jasper ressources in the tomcat itself, I copy the the lines from the web.xml her to this post:

<servlet>

<servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet</servlet-class>

<init-param>

<param-name>fork</param-name>

<param-value>false</param-value>

</init-param>

<init-param>

<param-name>development</param-name>

</init-param>

<init-param>

<param-name>checkInterval</param-name>

<param-value>30</param-value>

</init-param>

<init-param>

<param-name>xpoweredBy</param-name>

</init-param>

<init-param>

<param-name>compilerSourceVM</param-name>

<param-value>1.8</param-value>

</init-param>

<init-param>

<param-name>compilerTargetVM</param-name>

<param-value>1.8</param-value>

</init-param>

<load-on-startup>3</load-on-startup>

</servlet>

and additionally:

<!-- The mappings for the JSP servlet -->

<servlet-mapping>

<servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>

<url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>

<url-pattern>*.jspx</url-pattern>

<url-pattern>*.html</url-pattern>

</servlet-mapping>

Is there somebody, who had the same problems in her/his landscape and can give us a hint, how to handel these 404 problems in fs5preview and fs5webedit ? Thanks in advance and best regards

Torsten

0 Kudos
7 Replies
isenberg
I'm new here

Hi Torsten,

do you mean Tomcat 8.5 or Tomcat 8.0? While Tomcat 8.0 ist supported by FirstSpirit 5.2 using Java 8 or Java 7 I don't know much about Tomcat 8.5 yet as that version is technically derived from Tomcat 9.0 according to the release notes:

The Tomcat 8.5.x branch was created from the Tomcat 9.0.0.M4 tag. Changes were applied to restore Java 7 compatibility and to align the specification APIs with Servlet 3.1, JSP 2.3, EL 3.0, WebSocket 1.1 and JASPIC 1.1.

https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/changelog.html

Holger

0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

i'am talking about Tomcat 8.0.36

Regards Torsten

0 Kudos

I'm not aware about any problems with FirstSpirit 5.2 on Tomcat 8.0 in general. Mostly it is used with the Webserver Type "Tomcat" set in the FirstSpirit ServerManager, that means automatically deploying the FirstSpirit WebApps as fs5*.war via the Tomcat Manager WebApp (http://hostname:8080/manager/html). Do you use that integration method or some other?

0 Kudos

We're using it exactly this way. Via the tomcat manager all applications are available and starting without any problem. Only error is that the fs5preview will not show / generate the html-pages and display it. Here we receive a 404 error.

Regards Torsten

0 Kudos

As it is a supported combination, Tomcat 8.0 and FirstSpirit 5.2 using the integration documented in the FirstSpirit Admin manual, please ask our TechSupport or contact your Account Manager for scheduling a remote session with e-Spirit Professional Service.

0 Kudos
stefan
I'm new here

Hello together, is FS 5.2 R9 officially suported in comination with Tomcat 8.5.x?

0 Kudos

Could anyone please answer the question, please?

0 Kudos