jan_fruehwacht
I'm new here

Presentation channel for massive HTML changes

Hi,

we want to integrate a new HTML/CSS/JS Framework (something like Bootstrap).

As all pages are instances of templates the idea was to create a second HTML channel and when going live use the new HTML as primary channel.

One of the benefits is also that we can distinguish the channels in the schedules.

Does that make sense ?

What are the disadvantages ?

Which problems may appear ?

Are there any other proposals from your side or better solutions ?

Best regards,

Jan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
marza
I'm new here

Hi Jan,

create a so called feature toggle. This toggle would be located in the project settings template and would controll the output for instance in the central page template. You can switch anytime between two or more possible versions of the same content.

Regards,

Marian

0 Kudos
pavone
I'm new here

Hello Jan,   

do you need further help or did Marian's reply already help you? If so, it would be great if you marked his reply as "correct answer" so that other community users find the solution easily. If you have already found a solution by yourself, it would be very kind of you, if you posted it here.

Best regards 

Tim

0 Kudos
jan_fruehwacht
I'm new here

Hi Marian, hi Tim.

thanks for your proposal and sorry for my late reply.

A feature toggle makes templates harder to read and doesn't provide all the features that you can use when having a second channel (like selecting which channel to generate in which schedule).

Until now we used a second html channel and it works fine.

I think the standard url creation process tries to ensure that files are not overwritten and adds a prefix or suffix to something when two channels have the same file extension.

I will reply once again when we are finished with our project.

0 Kudos