liam_davison
I'm new here

Possible to 'block' the UI in ContentCreator for a long-running task?

Jump to solution

Hello,

Is it possible to 'block' the ContentCreator UI in response to a button click or action on the server?

I have written a module while updates a number of pages in response to the user clicking a button. The code is copying some form values from the current page to all its child pages. There could be 100+ child pages touched by this operation, during which time I don't want the user to click or navigate away or do anything at all really.

I need a sort of "please wait" message to appear and to prevent any further actions being taken.

If that is not possible, can I at least disable the button after it is clicked, so that it can't be clicked again?

Many thanks,

Liam Davison

FirstSpirit 5.1.605.72781 - I really need to upgrade to 5.2!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pavone
I'm new here

Liam,

how did you implement the button and its functionality?

If you're just calling an Executable, you could place the button in the webiste itself and call the Executable via JavaScript (see Common.execute).

Before that you could probably manage to put a blocking layer above the ContentCreator by means of HTML and JavaScript.

I'm currently not aware of another way to lock the ui.

Best regards,

Tim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pavone
I'm new here

Liam,

how did you implement the button and its functionality?

If you're just calling an Executable, you could place the button in the webiste itself and call the Executable via JavaScript (see Common.execute).

Before that you could probably manage to put a blocking layer above the ContentCreator by means of HTML and JavaScript.

I'm currently not aware of another way to lock the ui.

Best regards,

Tim

0 Kudos

Thanks Tim,

I was hoping to avoid custom Javascript work. Oh well! I'd better refresh my Javascript.

Liam

0 Kudos