sathyapriyan
Returning Observer

Overwrite Language Abbreviation - SEO URL Creator

Dear Community, 

As we use the SEO URL creator for URL Generation, is it possible to overwrite the language abbreviation in the schedule task before the generation or maybe also after the generation ?

Thank you,

Sathya

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Peter_Jodeleit
Crownpeak employee

You can configure a language specific folder label in the "URL Settings" view (or via the corresponding API): overwrite-language-abbreviation.png

Peter
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Is it possible to include site structure root there? I don't find the option. 

0 Kudos

Not from the UI as far as I know. But utilizing the API this is possible.

Peter
0 Kudos

Hi @Peter_Jodeleit ,

I used a script to update the root variables as shown in the picture. But still this didn't have any effect in the URLs created2022-02-11_23h26_43.png.  

0 Kudos

Hi,

this affects only URLs of newly created pages. But you may reset the stored URL of existing pages which will trigger a recalculation of the URL. This will then respect your new configuration.

Hope this helps

Peter
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I did try resetting the stored URLs and regenerated the pages. But that did not bring any change. Is there anything that I missed ?

Best Regards,

Sathya

0 Kudos

Hi Sathya,

it sounds like that we miss something here. I recommend approaching our technical support with the information you gathered so that you investigate the missing bits and pieces together.

Peter

Maybe one thing: you said "the SEO URL factory". I was assuming you are talking of “Advanced URLs“, maybe that was a wrong assumption.

Peter
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Sorry, I should have been more clear with it. We use TWT SEO Url creator. 

0 Kudos