ndegoeij
I'm new here

Mediastore and metadata

Jump to solution

We are using the mediastore of FirstSpirit however we are missing some sort of option to add metadata to this media. For example when adding a picture we cannot add info who created this picture, what the source is, etc etc. Of course we can create an input item connected to a database table which contains a reference to the photo and with additional fields which contain the extra info and then relate to the items stored in this table instead of directly relating to the information in the mediastore.

However this is custom made functionality which also has the problem that it needs more checking and does not use the already standard FirstSpirit functionality anymore. A second problem is that we need to change the current functionality in several places in FirstSpirit.

Is there already functionality in FirstSpirit available which actually woud fulfill our needs without much change or is the above solution the only way to go? If so, we are currently using FirstSpirit 4.2.489 then I am wondering if the functionality will be expanded in FirstSiprit 5?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Jodeleit
Crownpeak employee

You can define your own meta data for element types in FirstSpirit. Check your project settings for the meta data template. This template if fully configurable.
What has changed with 5.0 that you can configure type dependent meta data fields (via "rules").

Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
feddersen
Community Manager

Hi,

http://www.e-spirit.com/odfs50/en/weiterfuehrende_themen/exif_daten/exif_daten_1.html?community should be interesting for you. With FirstSpirit 4, you can still use meta data to store the information, but AFAIK there is no easy way to automatically extract exif data and populate the meta data.

Peter_Jodeleit
Crownpeak employee

You can define your own meta data for element types in FirstSpirit. Check your project settings for the meta data template. This template if fully configurable.
What has changed with 5.0 that you can configure type dependent meta data fields (via "rules").

Peter
0 Kudos

Hello,

do you need further help or did the given replies already help you? If so, it would be great, if you marked the right answer, so that other community user find the solution easily.

If you already found a solution by yourself, it would be very kind, if you posted it here.

Best regards

Michaela

0 Kudos

It took me some time to dig into this answer. Peter you are completely right. I unmarked it as helpfull and marked it as the correct answer.

Create a page template (lets call it metadata). Go to your project settings (Server and project configurations -> open project settings -> Choose options -> Select the created metadata template in the input) -> save the settings.

Now define the template in the way you like for the metadata which you prefer to see with the given pictures.