thenna
I'm new here

Limiting Editors to only generate to test

Jump to solution

Hello,

I would like to know, is it possible to limit the user to only generate the contents to test server and disable the option to generate to live.

Disabling the generate to live is possible during content freeze, and no user can generate the contents to live server during this period. However, when the project is not freezed, I would like to limit a external user to only generate to test.

2015-12-08 11.jpg

I use FS 4.2 and javaclient.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Thenna

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbitdd
Returning Responder

Hey Thenna,

there is an option in the schedule entry to allow or disallow users or groups.

I think this is the setting you are looking for.

Best regards,

Diana

15-12-2015 08-47-24.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
thmarx
I'm new here

Hello Thenna,

I think the easiest way is to deactivate them in the project settings. So they can not be executed in the JavaClient.

Thorsten

0 Kudos

Hello Thorsten,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, thats what I am doing now. Deactivating them after the end of content freeze.

But, it would be great to limit the user to only allow to generate to test. Because, we have users also from external party where they need to test the pages but should be careful not to click live generation. Since we are not in content freeze all time, this is the problem.

Best Regards,

Thenna

0 Kudos
rbitdd
Returning Responder

Hey Thenna,

there is an option in the schedule entry to allow or disallow users or groups.

I think this is the setting you are looking for.

Best regards,

Diana

15-12-2015 08-47-24.png

marza
I'm new here

Hello Thenna,   

do you need further help or did Thorsten's and Diana's reply already help you? If so, it would be great if you marked his' or her's reply as "correct answer" so that other community users find the solution easily. If you have already found a solution by yourself, it would be very kind of you, if you posted it here.   

Best regards 

Marian

Hi Diana,

Yes, Thank you. First we need to assign a group or provide permission to the user in project folders and then we can use schedule entry to allow or disallow users or groups.

Best Regards,

Thenna

0 Kudos