ana_oleski
Returning Observer

Legacy resource found in module

Jump to solution

Hi,

I've updated from version 2021-11 to 2022-13 and I'm getting following warning when trying to update several modules

(de.espirit.firstspirit.server.module.IsolationModuleManager) Legacy resource found in module xxx

It happens with a custom module but also with fs-perso and fs-office, which I downloaded fresh .

The message when I update suggests that the installation failed, but the version number is being updated and the level  is WARN so I assume it actually succeded.

I would like to fix my module at least. How do I go about it? The error message doesn't say which resource

Cheers,

Ana

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ana_oleski
Returning Observer

I've solved the problem for my module

- module.xml renamed to module-isolated.xml

- added  mode="isolated" to all resources

For example

<resource name="commons-text.jar" mode="isolated">lib/commons-text.jar</resource>

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ana_oleski
Returning Observer

I've solved the problem for my module

- module.xml renamed to module-isolated.xml

- added  mode="isolated" to all resources

For example

<resource name="commons-text.jar" mode="isolated">lib/commons-text.jar</resource>

Windmüller
Crownpeak employee

The warning is used to identify modules still using legacy resources. Servers running in isolated mode still support those modules but in the long run this support will be dropped.

For more information, please see the Isolated Mode Guide.

0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you, I fixed my module but I have no influence over fs-office.fsm, fs-perso.fsm, fs-fop.fsm.

Does FirstSpirit plan to fix those modules?

I know that fs-perso is deprecated - maybe that's why nobody bothers with it anymore.   

0 Kudos

Yes, we are currently migrating existing modules shipped with FirstSpirit as long as they are not marked as deprecated.

0 Kudos