shwetat
Occasional Observer

Korean language not supported in pdf generation

Hi team,

When we add korean language in the Mithras Energy project in ContentCreator, the language is properly displayed in the html page of ContentCreator(Please see the screenshot SS1.png).

However when we click on the pdf icon, the korean language is displayed as "#". (See screenshot SS2.png)

How can this be fixed?

Best Regards,

Shweta

5 Replies
feddersen
Community Manager

Most common solutions to these problems are:

1) check that your FO-XML has the right character encoding

2) check that the font you're using supports korean characters.

0 Kudos
shwetat
Occasional Observer

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for replying.

1) I checked the encoding in server manager and it is UTF-8. This supports korean language as I am not facing any issues in the html page. I also checked with UTF-16 , and it is still not working. I don't think the problem is with the encoding.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='$CMS_VALUE(#global.encoding)$'?>

2) The font used in the Mithras Energy project are MithrasFontAlternate.ttf and MithrasFontLt.ttf. And I couldn't find any information about those with respect to the korean language.

Is there an alternative solution?

Best Regards,

Shweta

0 Kudos

I think trying a different font is the best way to go. Arial Unicode MS or something similar should support Korean.

shwetat
Occasional Observer

Thanks! Okay I will check with this font and let you know if there are any issue.

0 Kudos
shwetat
Occasional Observer

Hi Christoph,

I tried installing and also using arial unicode ms font in the templates, but after using that font the pdf is not getting generated at all. Could you please reproduce this issue in your system.

Best Regards,

Shweta

0 Kudos