ndegoeij
I'm new here

Invalid references

Jump to solution

In our system we see a lot of different kind of invalid references when searching for them. The list contains as well pictures, structures, templates and a couple of datasources. We can go through the displayed list and try to solve each item manually, howeven this is a very time consuming way of restoring these issues.

Is there a more structural and more automated way of trying to solve invalid references and for the future a second question how can such reference issues prevent from happening.

We are running currently FirstSpirit version 4.2.489.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rednoss
I'm new here

Hello,

yes there is a way to find and to fix your invalid references via API. But it is a project-specific decission if it is wise to write a script or to delete the invalid references manually. Because your templates and their input components differ in structure and naming. So there is no generell solution for a script. As result of this you have to write for each template and input component specific code.

If you want to write a script you can use Project.getBrokenReferences() as a starting point.

Best regards

Rene

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
rednoss
I'm new here

Hello,

yes there is a way to find and to fix your invalid references via API. But it is a project-specific decission if it is wise to write a script or to delete the invalid references manually. Because your templates and their input components differ in structure and naming. So there is no generell solution for a script. As result of this you have to write for each template and input component specific code.

If you want to write a script you can use Project.getBrokenReferences() as a starting point.

Best regards

Rene

0 Kudos