thiru
I'm new here

In generation content, Scheduler not generating DB content

Jump to solution

Hi good day,

Can someone help me to solve following problem.

I am runing the shedular through workflow, in generation process Released DB content is not generating.

Please see the attached screen shots.

Thanks

Thiru

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

The trick is to open the client when "Use Release function" is enabled.

Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
broszeit
I'm new here

Hi Thiru

does the schedule complete without any errors?

There could be many problems why the result isn't the expected one. Reasons for this problem could be a wrong configured schedule or a wrong configured SAP, etc...

Could you provide some additional information? How does the workflow look? What actions are executed in the Schedule? Is there any possibility to look manually on the server if the files were generated on the filesystem? Probably the files were generated but the SAP portal fails to include them.

Which FirstSpirit version do you use?

Best Regards

Rouven

0 Kudos

Hi Rouven,

Yes, The schedule complete with out errors, when you execute from project properties in server and project configuration.

If you unselect Use Release function from Options and Use Release Permissions from workflow, sheduler generating content (including DB content also).

Please see the attached screen shots for more information.

1. unselected Use Release function

1.GIF

2. Unselected Use release permission from workflow.

2.GIF

3. Now, If you run workflow. Sheduler generate the content with all content (inclued the DB content) and deployed to sap.

3.GIF

4. If you select Use release function and permissions, sheduler not generating DB content.(Note : Content is released in DB)

4.jpg

0 Kudos

Hi Rouven,

I am using FS 4.2 version.

I went to file path and ckecked that file. There is no content from DB(FS side and SAP side).

Thanks

Thiru

0 Kudos

Hi Thiru

it is dangerous to toggle this checkbox as often as you do. The changes are applied for every editor working in the project. If the project is configured to use the Release functionality, the box should stay checked.

It seems as if the content is not released, although it might seem so in the WebClient. Could you take a look into the JavaClient and then the tab "Released records" on your data source? If there aren't any entries the content wasn't released properly.

Regards

Rouven

0 Kudos

Hi Rouven,

Can you please help me , where can i see the Released records tab in Data Sources.

Thanks

Thiru

0 Kudos

Yes, of course.

I attached a screenshot of the datasources view in the JavaClient. The Released records are marked with a blue ellipse.

Released_records.PNG

0 Kudos

Hi Rouven,

I don't have that tab in my java client , please see in the screen shot.

Whitch version you using?

a.GIF

0 Kudos

The trick is to open the client when "Use Release function" is enabled.

Peter
0 Kudos

Thanks Peter.

0 Kudos