saurabh
I'm new here

I want to deploy one fsm file on P system , this module generate one...

Jump to solution

I want to deploy one fsm file on P system , this module generate one xml file now where to store  this file beacuse module excute on the server and server dot know the client location , so is it any provisition in first spirit server where after executing  the module the file i can store on server so client can take the xml file from first spirit server or what is the best way to get this xml file.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Saurabh,

what do you want to do with this file?

A good location for your configuration file is <FirstSpirit Dir>/conf/modules/<Module Name>/yourFile.xml

Using this configuration path has several advantages. On the one hand you don't need to set an absolute link (e.g. opt/firstspirit5/conf/...) and on the other hand you can get this configuration file via the API. Remember that you have to set the hook "All permissions".

Best regards,

Rene

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jobrun
Crownpeak employee

Hello Saurabh,

if i understood you correctly, you have a module that is running on two or more FirstSpirit servers and you want these modules to access the same xml file (for .i.e. storing information)?

Kind regards,

Johannes

Hi Mr Johannes,

no, i have one module and that i have deployed on only one server , since that server having  100 project, now when i will run this module , this module get lot of information about all this 100 project and store in a single  xml file. now my problem is where to save this xml file , since module is running on the server so i can store only on the server, so is there any location on first spirit server where we can store file. beacuse inside the module having class where i have to specify the location where i am going to store this xml file.

Regards

Saurabh Srivastava

0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

is the used module a FirstSpirit module or did you implement it on your own? If it is a FirstSpirit module may I ask you which module it is?

What role/task has the xml-file? For what will it be used? Does the client (which you mentioned in your first posting) need access to this file or is it just a kind of storage for the module?

Best regards

Michaela

Hi Ms. Michaela,

i have made one module by own , build that and created fsm file , now want to deploy on first spirit server,

the objective of this module is collect information about the project like how many Project running on server, there UID, how many packages used in each project , there ID, how many media used in a project,

now all these information i stored in xml file.

when i was working in eclipse i just connected my application from first spirit server and generated xml file and that stored in my system.

now i want to build this application create fsm ( first spirit module) file and deploy on the FS server, so if any Admin team member wants to run this module via one script can do.

but my problem is where this xml file i will store on the FS server. and if it is FS server then what is the Location. beacuse admin need this xml file for further use .

and may be he want to run the module frequently to get update .

Regards

Saurabh Srivastava

0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

what do you want to do with this file?

A good location for your configuration file is <FirstSpirit Dir>/conf/modules/<Module Name>/yourFile.xml

Using this configuration path has several advantages. On the one hand you don't need to set an absolute link (e.g. opt/firstspirit5/conf/...) and on the other hand you can get this configuration file via the API. Remember that you have to set the hook "All permissions".

Best regards,

Rene

0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

do you need further help or did Rene's reply already help you? If so, it would be great if you marked

his reply as "correct answer" so that other community users find the solution easily. If you have

already found a solution by yourself, it would be very kind of you, if you posted it here.   

Best regards 

Michaela

0 Kudos