Yamini
Returning Observer

How to use a query in template to insert data sets into FS internal data sources?

Jump to solution

Hi team,

I am a new First Spirit user and would like to know if there is a way to insert data sets (values) into data sources of First Spirit?

Can this be done in the form area of a page template? If so , what methods should i use to do this?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
felix_reinhold
Returning Responder

Hello Yamini,

if you want to add a Dataset directly while editing a page/section then you can use the FS_DATASET input component and set the attribute allowNew="yes".

Of course you can always use a FS_BUTTON + script if you want to add a dataset programatically, but I don't think there are many use cases for that.

Best regards

Felix

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
felix_reinhold
Returning Responder

Hello Yamini,

if you want to add a Dataset directly while editing a page/section then you can use the FS_DATASET input component and set the attribute allowNew="yes".

Of course you can always use a FS_BUTTON + script if you want to add a dataset programatically, but I don't think there are many use cases for that.

Best regards

Felix

0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

Thanks for the answer!

0 Kudos

Hi felix.reinhold,

I used FS_DATASET as you suggested but I am having a difficulty in using the layout for this component. When i use the "sheet" mode or "combobox" mode I can see the expected layout in site architecture but in content creator the fs_dataset component's layout is the default one. Any idea how that can be fixed ?

I am attaching snapshots for reference.

This is how it looks in site architecture form area:

Site_Architect_form.PNG

and this is how it looks in the content creator:

267905_pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos