sivaprasad9394
Occasional Collector

How to format my email template?

Hello,

I have created a GCA for my email template as like below, Also used ft_bzo_overlayheadline as format.

GCA:

Email_GCA.png

Dom Format : ft_bzo_overlayheadline template

Email_format_template.png

Footer template:

Email_Footer.png

Email format When i click the link in footer shows like below,

<br> tags should not be displayed in the email,it should display in the next line.

Why this is not happening?

Email_Original.png

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kscheuing
I'm new here

You use a Mailto Link for that, right ? And you want to send a HTML Email ?

Thats not possible in my opinion. For a newline in your email Body, you could use %0A.

Zeichen         Zeichenkette für Codierung
[neue Zeile]    %0A
[Wagenrücklauf] %0D
[Leerzeichen]   %20
!               %21
#               %23
%               %25
*               %2A
/               %2F
<               %3C
>               %3E
?               %3F

Source: https://wiki.selfhtml.org/wiki/HTML/Textauszeichnung/a#E-Mail-Verweise

mikula
Crownpeak employee

Hello Siva,

if I have understood correctly, you trying are trying to generate an email in html format on client side, using  mailto. So I did a little research and I think, what you are trying to accomplish is simply not possible, see: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2368.txt.

"The special hname "body" indicates that the associated hvalue is the body of the message. The "body" hname should contain the content for the first text/plain body part of the message. The mailto URL is primarily intended for generation of short text messages that are actually the content of automatic processing (such as "subscribe" messages for mailing lists), not general MIME bodies."

Maybe you are lucky and some, email clients will detect your html code and convert the email, but this depends on the implementation of your mail client.

Kind regards Martin

0 Kudos
marza
I'm new here

Hello Siva,   

do you need further help or did Kai's or Martin's reply already help you? If so, it would be great if you marked his reply as "correct answer" so that other community users find the solution easily. If you have already found a solution by yourself, it would be very kind of you, if you posted it here.   

Best regards

Marian

0 Kudos

Hello,

We can close the isse.Currently put on hold implementation.

Thank you.

0 Kudos