tlegat
I'm new here

Filtering on filtered sources to select FS_DATASET fails

Jump to solution

Hi,

I found weird things happening when using FS_DATASET in combination with a filtered data source. It seems to me that this is a bug:

Given this FS_DATASET

<FS_DATASET

name="st_contact"

allowDelete="no"

allowEdit="no"

allowNew="no"

hFill="yes"

mode="sheet"

selectorMode="list"

useLanguages="no">

<LANGINFOS>

<LANGINFO lang="*" label="Contact"/>

<LANGINFO lang="DE" label="Kontakt"/>

</LANGINFOS>

<SOURCES>

<CONTENT name="phonebookperson"/>

</SOURCES>

</FS_DATASET>

and having set a filter on phonebookperson I see the correctly filtered results in the sheet view.

Now, still having lots of entries I use the search inside this view. It's results are unfiltered and this is really bad as I expect the filter from the selected SOURCES to apply.

The GUI options to filter should apply on top of it without showing that these results are already filtered. Instead, the GUI works like a reset and obviously queries against the unfiltered data.

I saw Vorsortierung der Daten FS_DATASET  and FS_LISTs und gefilterte Views  and the advice of e-spirit regarding filters seemed to be: use FS_INDEX. Actually I think that the components should work properly and the decision of using one input component over the other should only rely on performance and UX/UI.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tenter
I'm new here

Hi Tibor,

which FirstSpirit version are you using? There is a high chance that this issue was already solved since version 5.2.1204, although I'm not 100% sure.

Regards,

Hannes

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
tenter
I'm new here

Hi Tibor,

which FirstSpirit version are you using? There is a high chance that this issue was already solved since version 5.2.1204, although I'm not 100% sure.

Regards,

Hannes

0 Kudos

Hi Hannes,

currently using 5.2.1102 so I'm going to check it as soon as we manage to update the version.

Thanks,

Tibor

0 Kudos

Hey there,

I can confirm that the issue is solved in 5.2.1503.

Thanks,

Tibor

0 Kudos