milovan_bekic
I'm new here

FTP Deploy Issue

Jump to solution

Hello all,

When I trying to make deployment via FTP, on test configuration I got error "The test has failed".

The FTP user is exist and working with FileZilla or some else FTP client. Also I tried more FTP users.

In logs I found this:

INFO  05.03.2018 09:03:18.222 (de.espirit.firstspirit.server.sessionmanagement.SessionManagerImpl): dummy session created (ID=568025715908527401, user=ScheduleManager)

INFO  05.03.2018 09:03:18.238 (de.espirit.firstspirit.server.sessionmanagement.SessionManagerImpl): close dummy session (ID=568025715908527401, user=ScheduleManager)

ERROR 05.03.2018 09:03:18.239 (de.espirit.firstspirit.server.scheduler.ScheduleManagerImpl): test task failed - java.lang.IllegalStateException: cannot create file system layer

FSVersion=5.2.1714.76746#5800;JDK=1.8.0_151 64bit Oracle Corporation;OS=Linux 4.4.0-042stab127.2 amd64;Date=05.03.2018 09:03:18

java.lang.IllegalStateException: cannot create file system layer

at de.espirit.firstspirit.admin.FtpTargetImpl.createFileSystem(FtpTargetImpl.java:305)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.server.scheduler.DeployTaskExecutor.init(DeployTaskExecutor.java:327)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.server.scheduler.DeployTaskExecutor.test(DeployTaskExecutor.java:258)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.server.scheduler.ScheduleManagerImpl.test(ScheduleManagerImpl.java:1148)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.io.DefaultServerHandler.callManager(DefaultServerHandler.java:67)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.server.io.handler.ManagerCall.doCall(ManagerCall.java:139)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.server.io.handler.CompactCall.handle(CompactCall.java:73)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.server.io.MessageWorker.run(MessageWorker.java:49)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.server.ExecutionManagerImpl$RunnableWrapper.call(ExecutionManagerImpl.java:625)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.server.ExecutionManagerImpl$ExtendedCallable.call(ExecutionManagerImpl.java:590)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

at de.espirit.common.util.BoundedExecutorService$RunnableWrapper.run(BoundedExecutorService.java:436)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

at de.espirit.common.util.SuspendableThread.run(SuspendableThread.java:56)

Caused by: de.espirit.common.util.FactoryException: login failed - incorrect password?

at de.espirit.firstspirit.admin.FtpFileSystemFactory.createFtpFileSystem(FtpFileSystemFactory.java:90)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.admin.FtpFileSystemFactory.create(FtpFileSystemFactory.java:32)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.admin.FtpFileSystemFactory.create(FtpFileSystemFactory.java:25)

at de.espirit.firstspirit.admin.FtpTargetImpl.createFileSystem(FtpTargetImpl.java:303)

... 21 more

INFO  05.03.2018 09:03:18.239 (de.espirit.firstspirit.server.scheduler.ScheduleManagerImpl): finished test schedule task 'deploy (FTP)' - 0 fatal error(s), 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

The password is correct, FTP working from another client.

I trying to deploy on same server which FitstSpirit is installed.

Does anyone have similar issue, can you help me guys?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

It was issue with firewall on server.

Kind regards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
boersteken
Crownpeak employee

Hi Milovan,

as you correctly recognised the error describes a failed authentication/login. If you're sure that the correct credentials are being used then you'd have to take a closer look at the logging of the actual FTP server in order to see what's going on as the FirstSpirit FTP client is trying to login.

Best regards,

Philipp

0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

Login credentials for FTP is correct, but on my server is forced FTPs mode and if you want to access it from FTP client you need to enable Passive Mode.

Everything is working form desktop FTP Client like FileZilla but form FirstSpirit it doesn't working even I checked Passive mode box.

I allow on server both FTP and FTPs connections and now I am able to deploy.

Thanks for help.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos

Hello Milovan,

as Philipp mentioned a closer look at the logging of your current FTP server could be helpful. What happens there while the failing login process?

Best regards

Michaela

0 Kudos

Hi @all,

I discovered a parameter for advanced logging, that you could try as well: log4j.logger.de.espirit.firstspirit.io.FtpFileSystemOperations=TRACE

Please let us know if you got any further info. Since FTPs is not mentioned in our product documentation, we have to take a look at additional logging here somehow.

Regards,

Hannes

0 Kudos
neumann
Crownpeak employee

Hello milovan.bekic,   

do you need further support or did Hannes' answer already help you? If so, it would be great if you marked

their response as "correct answer" so that other community users can easily find the solution. If you have

already found a solution yourself, it would be very kind of you, if you posted it here.

Best regards

Emre

0 Kudos

Hello,

It was issue with firewall on server.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos