AuM
I'm new here

FSDevTools (fs-cli) release of technical media assets missing

Jump to solution

Hello everybody,

we're using the FSDevTools in our company to maintain a shared template-set across multiple brands in a GIT repository. In order to save the effort of manually syncing our repository into many FirstSpirit projects, we bundled the FSDevTools with our continuous integration server Jenkins (which is a great combo by the way). This set-up makes sure that every time a new commit is made to our GIT repository, the related WCMS projects automatically receive the updated templates.

For templates this is working quite well, as the templatestore doesn't have a release mechanism, but for technical media (CSS, JS, icons, etc.) a release is still necessary to activate the changes.

Is this feature really missing in the FSDevTools, or did I just not find it yet? If it's missing, would you (e-Spirit) accept a pull-request that is adding this feature as a new configuration parameter of the import command?

Cheers,

Martin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mikula
Crownpeak employee

To be honest i do not know anything about the suggested feature / option.

But go ahead -> just create your pull request Smiley Happy the project can be found on github.

GitHub - e-Spirit/FSDevTools: Project to support developer experience (DX) with FirstSpirit template...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mikula
Crownpeak employee

To be honest i do not know anything about the suggested feature / option.

But go ahead -> just create your pull request Smiley Happy the project can be found on github.

GitHub - e-Spirit/FSDevTools: Project to support developer experience (DX) with FirstSpirit template...

0 Kudos
bIT_sosswald
Returning Responder

I think the same feature would be great for content transport features because there a release is also needed after importing a package.

An option "release after import" would be great.

Greetings

Sandro

0 Kudos

Sounds good! Smiley Happy

As I already said: the project can be found on github.

0 Kudos