Price
Occasional Observer

FS_BUTTON

Jump to solution

Hello,

With this question most of you will just shake your head in dismay but, unfortunately I am in a rut and need some help.

I created a template using the FS_BUTTON, which basically allows me to open up a selected amount of Section Templates. This is done via selecting which templates are to be usedby placing them in the "Content Areas" within the page.. All good so far.

Now I need to basically repeat the process but this time inside a Section Template.. i.e. place an FS_BUTTON within the section, which I can also use to open up another selected amount of Section Templates.

Any ideas as in how?

All feedback would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Dave,

in theory this might be possible if you use from the bullet 2 on FS_LIST as intermediate data structure inside the form.
However the result can be every irritating to editors since it looks like a form within a form with a form.

For each FS_BUTTON you need an Java or script implementation with adds to the FS_LIST.

Regards

Marian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
pavone
I'm new here

Hi David,

so what exactly is your use case? You want a FS_BUTTON in a section in order to add another section in the same page? Do you want to add this button to every section in the page? Should the available section templates be the same as in the Content Areas?

0 Kudos
Price
Occasional Observer

Hi Tim,

Our concept is the following:

1) User sees a blank page with the FS_BUTTON offering a "row" (I have sorted this bit out using the Content Area)

a) once Pressed Row appears

2) Within the Row Another FS_BUTTON appears offering the user different "columns" (This is now inside a Section Template)

a) once chosen the column appears (example: 3 columns)

3) Within the 3 Columns, appear 3 FS_BUTTONS (one in each column) offering the user elements i.e. (image, text, slideshow etc).

All of 2 and 3 are Section Templates

I hope that makes sense Smiley Happy

All the best

Dave

0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

in theory this might be possible if you use from the bullet 2 on FS_LIST as intermediate data structure inside the form.
However the result can be every irritating to editors since it looks like a form within a form with a form.

For each FS_BUTTON you need an Java or script implementation with adds to the FS_LIST.

Regards

Marian

0 Kudos
NMc
Crownpeak employee
Crownpeak employee

Hello Dave, 

do you need further help or did Marian's reply already help you? If so, it would be great if you marked

his reply as "correct answer" so that other community users find the solution easily. If you have

already found a solution by yourself, it would be very kind of you, if you posted it here. 

Best regards 

Nico

0 Kudos
Price
Occasional Observer

Hi Nicolai,

The answer was definately helpful, just not really what I was looking for. Therefore will be having a workshop with e-Spirit shortly.

All the best

Dave

0 Kudos