repositarian
Occasional Observer

Displaying Message Dialog in ServerManager in Project Settings

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am developing a module which has a project component. After installing (and after changing settings in the) project component, I want to display (not only log) a message dialog, if certain conditions in the project are not met.

I want to be able to display a dialog like the one by FirstSpirit:

Snipaste_2022-07-18_10-54-03.png 

Until now, I have tried unsuccessfully...

• ... using the OperationAgent, which is not available in the context of the ServerManager
  • ... manually creating a JFrame and using 
    JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(...)
    which throws a HeadlessException (because in that context, Java is running in headless mode, which limits usable UI elements); also, using that method with null as component or UiAgent.getApplicationWindow() as component did not work

At this point I am asking myself, whether it is even intended that one should be able to display message dialogs within the ServerManager. 

Thank you for your help and suggestions in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hendrik
New Responder

Hi,

iirc your only option to display custom GUIs in the server manager is via method getGui(java.awt.Frame) in class Configuration which you may already use to display your custom configuration options.

Maybe its an option to check the project conditions when the closes your custom configuration dialog..

Br, Hendrik

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Hendrik
New Responder

Hi,

iirc your only option to display custom GUIs in the server manager is via method getGui(java.awt.Frame) in class Configuration which you may already use to display your custom configuration options.

Maybe its an option to check the project conditions when the closes your custom configuration dialog..

Br, Hendrik