A_Jain
I'm new here

Data Source with Primary Key

Jump to solution

Hello,

Is it possible to have a primary key column or unique key column in Data Source? Users might add by mistake same DataSet again in the data source. I want to avoid that

Best Regards,

Ashish Jain

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Another solution would be using rules within FirstSpirit and a schedule within the value determination, see ODFS (help/odfs/template-develo/rules/connecting-exte/index.html), you need a custom module to check if the key the editor entered is already taken and pass this back to the rule.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sense
Elite Observer

FirstSpirit automatically generates a column "fs_id" within the datasource, so there is no need to have an additional column.

0 Kudos

Yes, but I would like to have my own defined primary key column. For e.g. a Data Source with columns Employee ID and Employee name. I want to make sure that one employee id is added only once in Data Source.

0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

I think this posting [Creation of Composite Primary Key ] will help you.

Best regards

Rene

0 Kudos

Another solution would be using rules within FirstSpirit and a schedule within the value determination, see ODFS (help/odfs/template-develo/rules/connecting-exte/index.html), you need a custom module to check if the key the editor entered is already taken and pass this back to the rule.

0 Kudos
mikula
Crownpeak employee

Hello Ashish,

do you need further help or did Svens or Renes replies already help you? If so, it would be great if you marked this reply as "correct answer" so that other community users find the solution easily. If you have already found a solution by yourself, it would be very kind of you, if you posted it here.

Best regards

Martin

0 Kudos

Yes Sven, this was the first idea that I had. But I thought may be there is a better and easier solution available. Thank you for the help.

0 Kudos