king
I'm new here

Custom FirstSpirit input component for WebEdit?

Hi FirstSpirit community,

is there a possibility to implement individual input components used in WebEdit? Up to now, there is only a way to provide custom input components for the FirstSpirit rich client (JavaClient).

We know, that in JavaClient:

- Editors (Module developer handbook, chapter 2.9.1.2)

- SwingGadgets (Module developer handbook, chapter 3.9.1.6)

might be used. Interfaces to provide custom solutions exist here.

But what if these input components should be used and should be visible in WebEdit as well? Is it supported by FirstSpirit?

Help is highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Holger King

6 Replies
andre
I'm new here

Hi Holger,

you could try using the the applet-mode in the admin console -> webedit-settings and define a comma separated list of editor component TAGS (e.g. CMS_INPUT_YOURTAG)

hope this helps

regards

andre

0 Kudos

Hi André,

thanx for your reply. Despite your possible solution, FirstSpirit marks that feature as not approved and released. Details see screenshot enclosed:

applet_editors.png

0 Kudos

i know, that's why i wrote 'try'

0 Kudos

So, that's the only solution for enhancing the FirstSpirit WebEdit functionality by custom editor/input components?

No other interface to use?

0 Kudos

Holger King wrote:

So, that's the only solution for enhancing the FirstSpirit WebEdit functionality by custom editor/input components?

No other interface to use?

unfortunatly, no. For the current WebEdit-Version that's the only way to extend webedit functionality.

Hi folks, what is the current solution in FirstSpirit 5.0.114 using custom editor components (SwingGadgets) in the WebClient (WebEdit) ?

The above "feature" is not available in the FirstSpirit Server- and Projectconfiguration any more.

If my component is being used in the template - and it will be used in every template 😉 - those templates cannot be edited within the WebClient. When adding my custom component into a section template the browser is getting stuck within an endless-request.

Thanks for an hopefully positive answer.

------------------

Update:

Own WebClient editor components (gwt implementation of "SwingGadgets"-Feature) will be available in FirstSpirit 5.1 .

The Swing-Applet-solution is not applicable for FirstSpirit 5.0 and therefore removed within FirstSpirit 5.0 .

0 Kudos