damon_s
I'm new here

Creating and linking to a new dataset entry

Jump to solution

Hello all-

Having an issue linking to my dataset.  On my content form, I have a FS_DATASET element where the editors can create a new entry. 

ds_1.png

Editor fills out dataset fields and saves, bringing him back to the original form.  Sifting through these forums, I was able to figure out how to extract the headline and the image and display them. 

How can I get the link to the newly created dataset?

My datasets get published out as a page:

ds_2.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cobra707
I'm new here

Editor fills out dataset fields and saves, bringing him back to the original form.

If i understand correctly, after creating your Dataset the Dataset is empty and not saved? Maybe you forgot to connect your Modules with the Database-Variables?

112205_pastedImage_2.png

(Just an example where you have to link)

If you want to get the Data from the Dataset you get access with FS_INDEX to it. After this you can use your Reference-name to get the specifics value you need.

<FS_INDEX name="st_test">

<LANGINFOS>

<LANGINFO lang="*" label=""/>

</LANGINFOS>

<SOURCE name="DatasetDataAccessPlugin">

<TEMPLATE uid="news.news"/>

</SOURCE>

</FS_INDEX>

If you want a link to your Report_Request-Site which is generated from the Dataset you can pick it with:

MODUL:

<FS_REFERENCE name="st_test">

<LANGINFOS>

</LANGINFOS>

<PROJECTS>

<LOCAL name="."/>

</PROJECTS>

</FS_REFERENCE>

HTML:

<a href="$CMS_REF(st_test)$">LINK</a>

newly created

If you want always display the newest entry without maintaining it, maybe you take the ContentSelect-Function and write a query to get the newest.

Maybe it helps you.

Regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
cobra707
I'm new here

Editor fills out dataset fields and saves, bringing him back to the original form.

If i understand correctly, after creating your Dataset the Dataset is empty and not saved? Maybe you forgot to connect your Modules with the Database-Variables?

112205_pastedImage_2.png

(Just an example where you have to link)

If you want to get the Data from the Dataset you get access with FS_INDEX to it. After this you can use your Reference-name to get the specifics value you need.

<FS_INDEX name="st_test">

<LANGINFOS>

</LANGINFOS>

<SOURCE name="DatasetDataAccessPlugin">

<TEMPLATE uid="news.news"/>

</SOURCE>

</FS_INDEX>

If you want a link to your Report_Request-Site which is generated from the Dataset you can pick it with:

MODUL:

<FS_REFERENCE name="st_test">

<LANGINFOS>

</LANGINFOS>

<PROJECTS>

<LOCAL name="."/>

</PROJECTS>

</FS_REFERENCE>

HTML:

<a href="$CMS_REF(st_test)$">LINK</a>

newly created

If you want always display the newest entry without maintaining it, maybe you take the ContentSelect-Function and write a query to get the newest.

Maybe it helps you.

Regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

Peter,

Thanks for the detailed reply.  I ended up doing exactly what you recommended: making a ContentSelect function that queried the newly made record by ID.  

Regards,

-Damon

0 Kudos