liam_davison
I'm new here

Copy a folder and all its children

Jump to solution

Guten Morgen,

I need to copy a folder and all of its children - the entire structure of its sub-pages. Is this possible in ContentCreator or SiteArchitect?

There doesn't seem to be any easy way of doing this in SiteArchitect. Because there are quite a lot of pages to copy, I don't want to have to copy all the Pages and PageFolders first and then recreate the corresponding PageRefs and PageRefFolders by hand.

(I have a number of pages called "Greening 2017", and I need to copy them to create the "Greening 2018" pages. The 2017 pages will eventually be moved to an archive folder, but both will be published. Extra difficulty - the 2018 pages need to be below the 2017 pages in the navigation for now.)

Many thanks,

Liam Davison

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mbergmann
Crownpeak employee

Hi Liam,

first, you can duplicate a pagestore folder structure in the SA using Drag & Drop for a page folder: When you "drop" the folder elsewhere in the pagestore, just hold down the CTRL key.

After that, you can then again use D&D to create a corresponding sitestore structure for a pagestore folder structure: Just D&D the corresponding pagestore folder first to the sitestore button (you might have to wait a second) but do NOT release the mouse button yet. The SA should switch to the sitestore view. Now, continue dragging the pagestore folder onto a sitestore folder. This will create menu levels for each pagestore folder and page references for each page.

Michael

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mbergmann
Crownpeak employee

Hi Liam,

first, you can duplicate a pagestore folder structure in the SA using Drag & Drop for a page folder: When you "drop" the folder elsewhere in the pagestore, just hold down the CTRL key.

After that, you can then again use D&D to create a corresponding sitestore structure for a pagestore folder structure: Just D&D the corresponding pagestore folder first to the sitestore button (you might have to wait a second) but do NOT release the mouse button yet. The SA should switch to the sitestore view. Now, continue dragging the pagestore folder onto a sitestore folder. This will create menu levels for each pagestore folder and page references for each page.

Michael

0 Kudos