Yamini
Returning Observer

CaaS connect moduele: PreviewId of an element

Hello community,

Wish you all a very Happy New Year!

We recently switched to the CaaS connect module(v. 3.17) in our project and also upgraded the Fs version to 2021-07.

We use OCM approach and the preview CaaS somehow has some additional attributes in this new version which we can't seem to figure out.

For eg: The TPP snap method : onRequestPreviewElement provides a previewId like this: ("27ae743c-359c-4192-93ed-7dbdc0f3edf5.de_DE") which is quite different than the preview id generated in our CaaS channel which is :"eyJkYXRhLWZzLWFdHJzIjoiZXlKc1lXNW5kV0ZuWlVGaVluSmxkbWxoZEdsdmJpSTZJa1JGSW4wPSIsImRhdGEtZnMtaWQiOiJleUpwWkNJNk9UWTRORGcxTENKemRHOXlaU0k2SWxOSlZFVlRWRTlTUlNKOSJ9" --> this we get with the previewId() method in CaaS channel
How or from where do i get this unique id so that the preview ids will match?

If anyone has any suggestion/feedback we should look into kindly suggest. 🙂

Thanks,
Yamini

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Peter_Jodeleit
Crownpeak employee

Happy new year!

You'll get the uuid based preview id format automatically after adding the CaaS Connect Project App to your project.
Hope that helps!

Peter

Peter
0 Kudos

Good morning,

We have already added the CaaS Connect Project App to our project but it still doesn't work.

Let us know if any other solutions.

Thanks,
Yamini

0 Kudos

Hi Yamini,

do you see the long preview id format in the data written from the old CaaS module? Even after triggering a rewrite of the data?

Peter
0 Kudos

Yes We still see the long preview id format on our SA preview when we call the previewId method on an element. On content creator when we click on an article we get the new preview id though but the CaaS channel provides older long preview id. hence the miss-match while trying to edit.

0 Kudos

Could you give me the version number of the installed OCM module? And if this is not up to date issue an update?

Peter
0 Kudos

I dug a bit deeper and there is indeed a discrepancy. I'm currently unsure if this is a bug or intended.
Could you describe where and what problems this behaviour causes on your side?
When using the frontend API you could use both formats interchangeable.

Peter
0 Kudos