Yamini
Returning Observer

Adding a data set in the content area tab in content creator

Jump to solution

Hello Community,

How do I use a data set to create new rows from the content creator --> "content tab"?

or how do i define a template in that area below the create new page option in the content tab.

In the documents it is not clearly mentioned for Mithras project how to get the "create News" or "create Products" part below the "create new page" option.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mbergmann
Crownpeak employee

Hi Yamini,

to enable creating datasets via CC, you have to activate the „Use in ContentCreator“ checkbox in the table template‘s properties. In case you have more than one table template for one table (e.g. a detail and an overview template), you usually use the detail template (usually the one that contains the form definition).

The table template must also have a preview page configured. The preview page should be a page reference pointing to a page that contains a section based on the table template.

An editor also needs the permission to create datasets on at least one datasource that is based on the table template.

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mbergmann
Crownpeak employee

Hi Yamini,

to enable creating datasets via CC, you have to activate the „Use in ContentCreator“ checkbox in the table template‘s properties. In case you have more than one table template for one table (e.g. a detail and an overview template), you usually use the detail template (usually the one that contains the form definition).

The table template must also have a preview page configured. The preview page should be a page reference pointing to a page that contains a section based on the table template.

An editor also needs the permission to create datasets on at least one datasource that is based on the table template.

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Yamini
Returning Observer

Oh, I missed adding the preview page part. Now it works perfectly fine! Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos