WYSIWYG improvement or upgrade

The WYSIWYG control is fairly buggy.  Example, styles not applying over existing styled content.  

It would be great to have some focus put on improving this control.

6 Comments
AriWeissman
Director of UX
Director of UX

Hi @tendenc 

I'll reach out to you directly about the buggy behaviors so we can get that into the support queue. 

Beyond that, could you share some additional details on how we can continue to improve the WYSIWYG control? What functions or features would you like to see added or improved?

Best

Ari

tendenc
Elite Observer

An additional WYSIWYG bug is that often when the content is filled out in a WYSIWYG control and you reload the page, the content "appears" to have disappeared.  Once you click on the control, all the content magically reappears.

tendenc
Elite Observer

I am not 100% sure if this is a good idea or not, but when pasting in content that has italicized or bolded content, the deprecated <i> and <b> tags are used/retained.  Would it make sense to convert them to <em> and <strong> tags?

GrantGannon
Charter Member

Forcing aspect ratios\image sizes into the image tag is also a huge headache in the age of responsive images. Being able to add a class upon image insertion, not aspect ratio would be of huge benefit to our users as now they have to go into the HTML view and add class="img-responsive" . Some have a little HTML savvy, but others expect it to be as simple as MS Word.

AriWeissman
Director of UX
Director of UX

Thanks for the feedback @GrantGannon!

Make sure to Kudo the ideas you like to help bump it up the list. Ideas with more Kudos are more likely to be accepted by the product team.

emb-isaac
Returning Observer

How about exposing the TinyMCE API so the developers can extend its capabilities? (And upgrading to TinyMCE v6 while we're at it)