Language-dependent date output format via .format()

Right now it's only possible to define language-dependent date formats for the input components of a template. Our customer wants the editors to see the date AND time inside the input form of a template, but ONLY the date to be displayed when the respective page is published. If I want a different output format for a date than the one that is defined in the input component, I can only select one format using the .format() function inside $CMS_VALUE(...)$.

I'd like to have the possibility to define different output formats for different languages when displaying a date, within a simple function that can be used inside $CMS_VALUE$, e.g. $CMS_VALUE(st_date.format(*:"MM/dd/yyyy",DE:"dd.MM.yyyy"). Alternatively the LANGINFO-element could be extended by another parameter, e.g. output-format="..."

1 Comment
MichaelaReydt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Rene

thank you for your idea to improve FirstSpirit. It is important for us to learn from the experiences of our customers and partners. For this reason we appreciate feedback and any suggestion.

We have evaluated the issue once again, but have no plans for a realisation in the near future. Therefore, we cannot consider your feature request at this time.

Best regards

Michaela