Hide menus to users with (or without) certain privileges

At the moment all users in the java client can see all menu items. Besides the danger of users doing acitons which they are not supposed to do I also experience that new user are confused by the main options the system offers them.

It would be nice if we could hide all those entries which they are not allowed to use anyway and hide some other menu items as well (best on a project level).

For example I would like to force upon our users that all preview errors are displayed and each move has to be confirmed. Freedom is nice but often the mass of people does not know what is best for them Smiley Wink ...

Tags (2)
4 Comments
Peter_Jodeleit
Crownpeak employee
Crownpeak employee

I think what you are requesting here (and in Add rights to the area "global settings") is a finegrained role concept. Perhaps it's better to join the postings to one and collect all places where role based access makes sense.

Peter_Jodeleit
Crownpeak employee
Crownpeak employee

Thomas, would you mind to consolidate your postings under an 'umbrella' posting named 'Role Conecpt' (or similar)? If you do so you could set your 'old' idea postings to state 'Archived' and request that the votes are transferred to your new 'idea posting'...

thomas_walter
I'm new here

How to do this ? I could not find any option to change the state to Archived

boesebeck
Crownpeak employee
Crownpeak employee

Actually only the community admins can change the status of an idea, i set it now to archived.